AP drops connection

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.

AP drops connection

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.
AP drops connection
AP drops connection
2013-03-09 00:16:09
Region : UnitedKingdom

Model : TL-WA901ND

Hardware Version : V2

Firmware Version : 3.12.16 Build 120224

ISP :

Hi,

We recently bought several WA901's and have set them up as access points. Given each one a different static IP and they all seem to be working fine. However a couple of the AP's seem to have a habit of dropping devices when they attempt to open a web page, i haven't tested this extensively so i can't say for certain that that is the cause but it has happened often enough for it to concern me. An example is, iPhone connected to the AP, full signal strength, opened browser, page begins to load then halts. iPhone is now not connected and can't see the AP. Any other devices that were connected still are, the iPhone has to turn off WIFI and turn it back on to see the AP again.
Haven't found anything useful online, was hoping someone might be able to point me in the right direction.

Thanks.
Options
21 Reply
Re:AP drops connection
2013-03-09 06:19:32
Reset iPhones network Settings/General/Reset/Reset Network Settings
add ISP Gateway to TL-WA901ND Network/Lan
Options
AP Drops Connection
2013-04-15 13:39:12
Hi Phillip,

I am having the same problems, we have just bought 6 x TL-wa901nd and have set them up around the school, with the new TP-Link on one side of the school and the old Linksys on the other. Every other day both staff and student laptops drop there connection with the TP-Link AP and I have found my self on the ladder rebooting the AP so the laptops will reconnect. We have a wireless bridge between the main office and an out building which cause a great deal of grief until I worked out one or both were dropping out OR off. If I can't get it sorted they may have to all go back to TP-Link as from most of the threads I have seen this is a common problem. I hope some one can help?

Kim
Options
2013-04-15 15:29:03
I am also having the same problem. I have to reboot the AP every week or so. The version is V2.4 and I am running the latest firmware (2/24/2012). Would appreciate it if TP LINK support tells us what can be done about this issue.
Options
2013-04-16 01:02:12
this is not TP LINK support this is the TP LINK forum even on top reads Tech Support forum its just TP LINK forum we all help each other.
as Knock posted may have to all go back to TP-Link as from most of the threads I have seen this is a common problem.
Options
2013-04-17 01:21:57
Danymarc I knew that, what I meant is that someone from TPLink who happens to read the forum will do something about it. I just emailed their support about the issue. Lets see what they comeback with.
Options
2013-04-18 15:01:17
Just got a beta firmware. Will test and provide feedback.
Options
2013-04-30 02:04:53
It has been a week and things look great with the beta firmware. I updated two AP and they are working fine.
Options
2013-04-30 07:45:26

torches wrote

Just got a beta firmware. Will test and provide feedback.

Published Date 1/11/2013
Modifications and Bug Fixes 1. Fixed the wireless instability and hang issue
Options
2013-07-06 09:10:57
Hello, did anyone upgrade the firmware to 1301301 solved the issue? mine is still unstable...
Options
2013-07-15 23:39:33
Recently bought 3 of this ap´s hw version 2.4 to use them in ap mode, and they don´t work well with any firmware.

The only way to make them work acceptable is with the first firmware and the encryption as WPA2 - AES mode

But either way I´m returning them to the seller.
Options