How to fix the instability of TL-WR802N?

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.
2021-09-13 15:53:56
Model: TL-WR802N  
Hardware Version: V4
Firmware Version: 190428

I bought a new travelrouter model TL-WR802N (new) version 4 to use it as a hotspot for my other devices when traveling on the hotels captive wifis. I cloned the WAN MAC address of my laptop logged into the hotel's captive wifi on the router, then turned off the laptop and logged the router into the hotel's wifi. Until then everything worked as it should and all my other devices could log on to the router's wifi. Unfortunately, the router keeps the internet connection to the hotel's captive wifi only for 5 minutes at the most, then fails to work, then works again for a few minutes without doing anything else and continues to play this IT WORKS-IT DON’T WORK – IT WORKS game. What can I do to keep the TP-Link stable?

Firmware: 0.9.1 3.17 v0001.0 Build 190428 Rel. 63523n

Options
1 Reply
Re:How to fix the instability of TL-WR802N?
2021-09-13 23:50:08

@traveller1960 

You can try upgrading the router's FW to the latest FW release to see if it will be more stable.

If this was helpful click once on the arrow pointing upward. If this solves your issue, click once the star to mark it as a "Recommended Solution".
Options

Information

Helpful: 1

Views: 612

Replies: 1

Related Articles