Wireless card unable to find networks

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.
2013-03-21 23:06:50
Region : Portugal

Model : TL-WN751ND

Hardware Version : V1

Firmware Version :

ISP :

Hello,

I just bought a TP-Link TL-WN751ND wireless adapter and I'm having problems in getting it to work on my Windows 7 computer.

I've already tried different PCI slots, turning off the firewall, installing the drivers with utility or just the drivers, nothing worked. :(

The adapter is listed as working correctly in the Device Manager and the status LED is green.

My specifications are
Motherboard: Asus M4A78 Pro

Can someone help me with this, please?

Thank you.
Options
5 Reply
Re:Wireless card unable to find networks
2013-03-22 00:24:21
Options
2013-03-22 00:45:04
Thanks for your reply danymarc,

Unfortunately the solution described on that thread doesn't apply to my problem because my adapter won't even list connections, none, zero.

When I try to use the Windows problem resolution, it says that there's a problem with the adapter's controller or hardware although it's listed as working with no problems in the device manager.

I also tried downloading and installing the latest drivers from the product page but without success.

I really have no idea why it's behaving like this.
Options
2013-03-22 04:55:26
I had this problem and found that the driver had to be installed in 'safe' mode.

First, remove any drivers which you have installed for the card, remove the card and turn off the computer. Restart the computer just to re-set everything. then turn off again. Fit the card to it's required slot and start the computer.

Just as windows is starting, press f8. windows will then start with a text screen. Use your up/down/left/right buttons on your keyboard to select 'Safe Mode' then press enter (return key). Windows will then start.

Install the software for the card then do a restart of the computer.

Your cardshould then behave normally and you should be able to find and connect to your selected router. Don't forget to tick the 'Connect Automatically' box before you make the connection otherwise you will have to re-connect every time you start your computer.

Hope that is of some help.

ps...why we have to do this nowadays is beyond me. TP-Link is so far behind with their software it beggars belief.
Options
2013-03-22 12:01:11
As Oldtimer said, install the driver in windows Safe mode may be helpful. The reason why this happen probably because of the anti-virus software installed on the computer, the self defense function of the anti-virus software may stop your from installing a new driver. They have an FAQ taking Kaspersky as a example: http://www.tp-link.com/en/article/?faqid=248
I think windows safe mode just avoids all the influence of an third party software.
Options
2013-03-22 22:16:28
Hi!

Finally after some hours I removed ZoneAlarm and followed the procedures in this page: http://support.microsoft.com/kb/299357/en-us to reset the TCP/IP settings and after a reboot, got the card to work.

I've tried to remove/install the drivers in safe-mode before but I think that even then the ZoneAlarm was getting in the way.

Now I'm able to find my router but the signal is very weak and almost unusable which is a disappointment because with the laptop I get a good signal and speed.

Thank you for your help.
Options

Information

Helpful: 0

Views: 793

Replies: 5

Related Articles