Adding TP-Link to an existing comtrend powerline network

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.
2013-07-17 19:33:58
Region : UnitedKingdom

Model : TL-PA211

Hardware Version : Not Clear

Firmware Version :

ISP : British Telecom

I have BT total broadband and two comtrend powerline adapters that were provided. I purchased a TP-Link adapter because I expected that it would be able to pair if using the industry powerline standard... but it does not. Any ideas?
Options
3 Reply
Re:Adding TP-Link to an existing comtrend powerline network
2013-07-24 11:55:53
Maybe you need to reset all of them to factory setting and leave them as factory setting and then plug into the wall socket.After that, bring them into the same room, all to the wall socket and see if they can communicate with each other.
Options
2013-07-24 18:54:05
Yeah - tried that. I think that the commtrend units were homeplug as opposed to powerline. Anyway... got fed up in the end and picked up an extra commtrend unit from ebay and it connected straight away. Returned the TP-link unit.
Thanks for responding.
Options
2021-10-02 13:06:27
Is it possible to do this the other way around, i.e. adding a Comtrend Powergrid 9020 to an existing AV500 network?
Options