Virtual server suddenly stops working

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.
2021-11-11 10:42:32
Model: Archer VR2800  
Hardware Version: V1
Firmware Version: 1.1.020061534713

Hello,

P.s my router is VN020-F3 but for some reason, it isn't showing in the list. So I made a virtual server for Minecraft 25565 and it was working for like half a year and suddenly stopped working. I have been having this issue for like 4 months now. Please note that I do have a static IP and I have inbound and outbound rules for my firewall on my Pc and I even have it completely disabled. Also, this pc has never had a third-party antivirus on it. So I think the issue is with the router but I just can't figure it out. Also, I am not new to port forwarding and have done it on multiple routers and this one has been giving me the most trouble.

Options
8 Reply
Re:Virtual server suddenly stops working
2021-11-11 13:14:07

@OmarAL 

The easiest way to see if the modem blocks your MInecraft is to set a DMZ to the PC in question and test if any difference.

If no difference then the issue may be somewhere else.

If everything is fine then maybe additional ports need to opened.

If this was helpful click once on the arrow pointing upward. If this solves your issue, click once the star to mark it as a "Recommended Solution".
Options
2021-11-11 14:51:49

@terziyski  Yeah I already tried that. I even tried other ports when I opened the dmz, none of them worked.

Options
2021-11-11 18:29:33

@OmarAL 

Your device FW is tailored specifically for the ISP.

I would suggest to contact thmem and ask to be advised on that.

Since you haven't changed any settings on the router/computer then probably it was caused by ISP settings change or device FW update initiated by your ISP.

If you're sure that you have a public IP address on your router WAN interface, there's no other reason for virtual-servers or DMZ not working.

If this was helpful click once on the arrow pointing upward. If this solves your issue, click once the star to mark it as a "Recommended Solution".
Options
2021-11-11 21:14:03

@terziyski 

Trust me I tried talking to them many times but they kept dismissing me and saying how they don't offer support for port forwarding and all that. And no my WAN interface doesn't have a public IP but I'm fairly certain it never did, maybe I'm wrong though. I did try to ask my ISP to make it a public IP and they kept talking about how they can't change my IP and that I need a static IP trust me I went on with them for a while. So if this really is the issue then is there really no way to make it a public IP? Is my ISP right that they can't make it public?

Options
2021-11-11 22:31:41

@OmarAL 

If you don't have a public IP address on your WAN port then that's the reason for your port forwarding not working.

It depends on your ISP to provide a public IP address, and the ability to provide you with one, depends on their Internet service type and network infrasctructure.

I can't tell if they were honest with you saying they can't provide you with one, but definatelly that's the reason for your issue.

Options
2021-11-11 23:20:06

@terziyski So, there is nothing I can do? By the way, I would appreciate if you helped me understand this fully; what is the reason my wan IP was public for 6 months and suddenly became private? And am I really at a dead end?

Options
2021-11-11 23:40:00 - last edited 2021-11-11 23:40:20

@OmarAL 

I can't tell why's that, because I really don't know their infrastructure and type of service. Only your ISP can elaborate on that matter.

In general with exhaustion of public IPv4 addresses, many ISPs adopting so called CG-NAT technique to mitigate this problem.

And yes, you're at a dead end until you obtain a public IP address on your WAN port.

Options
2021-11-11 23:44:52

@terziyski Well either way thank you for your help.

Options

Information

Helpful: 0

Views: 1035

Replies: 8

Related Articles