Connect computer by ethernet

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.
2021-12-12 16:37:58
Model: Deco X60  
Hardware Version:
Firmware Version:

Hello,

I just installed a three pack of X60. Works great! Did as the guide told me, no problems with the wifi. But I would like to use ethernet on one of the X60:s (for a computer with no wifi) but I cannot seem to get it to work :( it is not the "master" one at the router but another. I guess I need to change something but I do not know what :(

Please advice!

Options
3 Reply
Re:Connect computer by ethernet
2021-12-13 15:02:11

@MariaZika 

If you have ISP Router to which Main Deco must be connected, and haven't changed ISP Router configuration, you could try running Deco in Access Point mode. There are no settings to configure in Access Point mode to have PC use Ethernet to Satellite Deco. 

If after switching to Access Point mode PC can use Ethernet, there was something with Deco settings in its original, Router mode. If even in Access Point mode PC still can't connect, something must be wrong with PC networking card or Ethernet cable you use to connect PC to Satellite Deco - not with Deco settings.

The Access Point setting is in Deco app, under More/Advanced.

Options
2021-12-16 14:46:21

@Alexandre.  Thank you so much! Yes, according to the settings we are using Router mode.

Since I am so happy everything except using an ethernet cable is working I am afraid of changing anything laugh

Do you have any idea what more that might need to be changed if I change to Access Point mode, or if there will be differences in how the mesh things communicate with each other/impacts on for example speed? As of now we have one mesh thing on each floor (three floors)

(I really do not like fixing the internet things at home but it seems to be my job for some reason, so as you hear I am afraid to break things once they are finally working almost perfect! laugh)

Options
2021-12-16 20:19:24

@MariaZika 

You can try my recommendation, and if you find Access Point mode is not working for you, you can change it back to what it was before, i.e., Router mode. 

I run my Deco mesh in Access Point mode, for over a year now. In that time, I had (and have) desktops, smart TV, Android TV appliance, Roku, networking printer, file server connected by Ethernet cables to different Deco units I have, and every time it just worked.

You will not need to change anything on your home network after switching Deco to Access Point mode, unless you have some stubborn desktop that may need to be rebooted to force it reconnect to Deco. Nothing more.

For comparison of Deco features available in each mode, see this: What’s the difference between Access Point mode and Router mode on the Deco?

Options

Information

Helpful: 0

Views: 405

Replies: 3

Related Articles