Varying LAN speed

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.

Varying LAN speed

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.
Varying LAN speed
Varying LAN speed
2021-12-17 15:08:57
Model: TL-WR845N  
Hardware Version: V1
Firmware Version: 3.16.9 Build 151229

I am using the wifi router of wr845n, where my isp speed is 50mbps. when i uses the wlan am getting the same speeds, but while using the LAN my speed is restricted to 10mbps.

When i checked the settings on pc it shows connection speed as 10mbps. suddenly on a day the connection speed changed to 100mbps (i think the probablity is 1 in 30times of LAN usage via pc), after i restart my pc the speed again lowered to 10mbps.

I have cross checked the quality of cables, resetting the router, changing the ports, scrolling through admin settings,etc. It will be a great help if anyone helps me to set the connection speed to 100mbps

Options
1 Reply
Re:Varying LAN speed
2021-12-22 06:58:55

@Althaf66 

Hello, I would suggest trying with a different cat 5e or cat 6 cables between the router and the computer, just ensure the cable is good.

You can also test the connection speed between the router and another computer if that is possible.

On Windows computers, you can also try force to fix the link speed to be 100Mbps. You should find it via Control Panel > Network and Sharing Center > Change adapter settings, right click on the appropriate Local Area Connection, and click Properties. Click Configure, then go to the Link Speed tab, and in the Speed and Duplex section, select 100Mbps full duplex, and click okay.

Nice to Meet You in Our TP-Link Community. Check Out the Latest Posts: Connect TP-Link Archer BE550 to Germany's DS-Lite (Dual Stack Lite) Internet via WAN Archer GE550 - BE9300 Tri-Band Wi-Fi 7 Gaming Router EasyMesh Is Available When Wi-Fi Routers Work in AP Mode as A Controller. Archer BE550 New Software Enhances System Stability and Optimizes MLO Network Stability. If you found a post or response helpful, please click Helpful (arrow pointing upward icon). If you are the author of a topic, remember to mark a helpful reply as the "Recommended Solution" (star icon) so that others can benefit from it.
Options

Information

Helpful: 0

Views: 324

Replies: 1

Related Articles