Archer AX10 - Indicator LED operations

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.
2022-02-21 21:33:41
Model: Archer AX10  
Hardware Version: V1
Firmware Version: Consider latest as available as of now -Feb22

Hi,

Soon I will be buying TP Link Archer AX10 router. https://www.tp-link.com/in/home-networking/wifi-router/archer-ax10/  

I have seen the support page but there's no detailed user manual for V 1.2 available therein. There's one for older version but that may be outdated by now.

I just have a sort of query on indicator LED's behavior. In my current router (not TPLink AX10, some other make/model) Internet LED blinks when there's data transfer on WAN and WiFi LED blinks when there's data transfer on that WiFi band. Similarly if I am connected to LAN the LAN LED blinks when data is being transferred on that line.

So the LED is ON indicating underlying system (Internet, LAN, WiFi) is ON and blinks on top of that to indicate data is being transmitted. The blink however does not exhibit any pattern and that's okay.

Does AX10 latest version exhibit same behavior of Indicator LEDs or do they just steadily remain ON when applicable?

Just a glance at the LEDs tell me what's happening inside!

Thanks

Options
3 Reply
Re:Archer AX10 - Indicator LED operations
2022-02-22 00:57:22

@ramki_87 

Refer to AX10 v1 user guide, its LED status should be the same as v1.2.

If this was helpful click once on the arrow pointing upward. If this solves your issue, click once the star to mark it as a "Recommended Solution".
Options
2022-02-22 20:24:36

Thanks for the response. I have seen guide for v1. as per that LEDs are steady ON. No blinking.

Is there any way I can suggest this enhancement to TP Link? If so how?
I hope it's possible to control the same thru firmware. I prefer blinking LEDs when there's network activity on that channel be it LAN or WiFi or so.

Options
2022-02-22 20:43:17

You could file a feature request here:

If this was helpful click once on the arrow pointing upward. If this solves your issue, click once the star to mark it as a "Recommended Solution".
Options

Information

Helpful: 0

Views: 891

Replies: 3

Related Articles