Archer VR600 & pfsense Dual Nic Server

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.
2022-04-02 23:12:01
Model: Archer VR600  
Hardware Version: V2
Firmware Version: 0.2.0 0.9.1 v0074.0 Build 170504 Rel.68210n

Hello Everyone,

I am trying to add pfsense firewall to my home network but seem to be running into issues getting it seen by my pfsense firewall which is a dual nic server. I had it working briefly then disconnected it and lost all the settings. Tried to reconnect and could not seem to pic up the network anymore. 

I created a bridge connection added it to Interface Grouping and then assigned it to LAN/WAN 4. Still nothing, I have attached some screenshots below. I disabled DHCP within the interface grouping as well. Just want to know if this is or would be the correct way about it, any advice would be much appreciated.

Thanks

Rockyuk

Options
2 Reply
Re:Archer VR600 & pfsense Dual Nic Server
2022-04-04 02:40:06

@Rockyuk 

If you use PPPoE connection in your VR600 what I would do is to configure VR600 in bridge mode.

Then connect its LAN 1 port to the pfSense WAN port and setup the PPPoE session in the pfSense box.

On how to set the VR600 in bridge mode refer this thread solution.

On how to configure PPPoE on pfSense box refer this video.

If this was helpful click once on the arrow pointing upward. If this solves your issue, click once the star to mark it as a "Recommended Solution".
Options
Re:Archer VR600 & pfsense Dual Nic Server
2022-04-04 08:01:15

@terziyski Thank you, I will give it another try later and let you know the result. I had removed the original connection and added bridge mode. I had the cable plugged into the LAN/WAN port which then went into the WAN of pfsense. I will be gutted if that was the issue I had all along was the port 🙄.

Options

Information

Helpful: 0

Views: 498

Replies: 2

Related Articles