TL-WR940N range extender mode not connecting to internet

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.
2022-04-04 03:08:50
Model: TL-WR940N  
Hardware Version: V6
Firmware Version: TL-WR940N(US)_V6_211111

My main router is an Archer AX21 Hardware Version 2.6 Firmware version 2.1.5 

My older TL-WR940N router will not connect to the internet if used as an access point for the main AX21.  When used as a range extender for my old Netgear AC1750 the steady blue light was displayed and it seemed to be extending the network.  However now I only get a steady orange light and very poor signal near the router.

I've factory reset the device multiple times and used quick setup to configure the connection.  DCHP is disabled each time, and both static and dynamic IP result in the same situation.  

How can I fix this issue?  Thanks!

Options
1 Reply
Re:TL-WR940N range extender mode not connecting to internet
2022-04-04 03:36:41

@unconnected 

Try switching this option if you have it in your WR940N web interface and test:

If this doesn't help or you don't have this option at all I would recommend to use the WR940N 'Access Point' mode (Case 1) and run an ethernet cable between the routers.

If this was helpful click once on the arrow pointing upward. If this solves your issue, click once the star to mark it as a "Recommended Solution".
Options