What is the Maximum number of Wired Clients supported on an Archer C80?

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.
2022-04-14 15:13:48
Model: Archer C80  
Hardware Version: V1
Firmware Version: 1.10.0 Build 210716 Rel.51301n(5553)

I want to know what is the maximum number of Wired Clients on an Archer C80. I mean if I were to connect; lets say 100 computers to this router using 4 26 port switches, will the router be able to handle that? If not can you please recommend a router that can handle that?

Options
7 Reply
Re:What is the Maximum number of Wired Clients supported on an Archer C80?
2022-04-15 03:22:36

@SatyajitMishra 

Hello, I could say there is no limitation for the Wired Clients that can be added to the Archer C80 network, but you should consider the network bandwidth you got from your ISP and the performance you expected, more devices mean slower speed on each one. 

You can also visit this story to know more: How Many Devices Can Connect to a Router?

Be aware that Archer C80 is a home-based or small-office-designed router, you may look for a business router if you want to apply for a business purpose. Below are the models you can buy:

https://www.tp-link.com/business-networking/all-router/

Nice to Meet You in Our TP-Link Community. Check Out the Latest Posts: Connect TP-Link Archer BE550 to Germany's DS-Lite (Dual Stack Lite) Internet via WAN Archer GE550 - BE9300 Tri-Band Wi-Fi 7 Gaming Router EasyMesh Is Available When Wi-Fi Routers Work in AP Mode as A Controller. Archer BE550 New Software Enhances System Stability and Optimizes MLO Network Stability. If you found a post or response helpful, please click Helpful (arrow pointing upward icon). If you are the author of a topic, remember to mark a helpful reply as the "Recommended Solution" (star icon) so that others can benefit from it.
Options
2022-04-15 19:52:29

@SatyajitMishra Okay. BTW under the DHCP Server option of my C80; the IP Address Pool is between 192.168.0.100 to 192.168.0.249. That means the maximum number of clients is limited to 149, right...?

Options
2022-04-16 16:25:48

@SatyajitMishra Also what is the maximum number of IP Rservation that is supported? I have 7 reserved IPs & it says table full when I try to add anymore.

Options
2022-04-18 07:47:17

SatyajitMishra wrote

@SatyajitMishra Okay. BTW under the DHCP Server option of my C80; the IP Address Pool is between 192.168.0.100 to 192.168.0.249. That means the maximum number of clients is limited to 149, right...?

@SatyajitMishra No, that's not right. Regarding the DHCP pool, you can enlarge it by changing the range, you can configure it to 192.168.0.2-192.168.0.254. If some of the local devices need to use some specific IP address, you can do Address Reservations for them.

You can add up to 32 rules for the Address Reservation.

Nice to Meet You in Our TP-Link Community. Check Out the Latest Posts: Connect TP-Link Archer BE550 to Germany's DS-Lite (Dual Stack Lite) Internet via WAN Archer GE550 - BE9300 Tri-Band Wi-Fi 7 Gaming Router EasyMesh Is Available When Wi-Fi Routers Work in AP Mode as A Controller. Archer BE550 New Software Enhances System Stability and Optimizes MLO Network Stability. If you found a post or response helpful, please click Helpful (arrow pointing upward icon). If you are the author of a topic, remember to mark a helpful reply as the "Recommended Solution" (star icon) so that others can benefit from it.
Options
2022-04-18 10:31:25
Thanks for the clarification on the DHCP Pool. Currently I only have 5 IP Addressess Reserved. But when I try to add another, it says The table is full. Also naming my connected clients is also not working properly. After some time, the name that I assigned to them changes.
Options
2022-04-20 08:14:03

@SatyajitMishra 

Can I have the screenshot of the Address Reservation? Is there only 1 page or there are different pages?

Regarding the device naming or description issue, does it happen to all devices, or does it only happen on some specific devices? Try to name them by plain words or description.

Options
2022-08-11 05:50:01 - last edited 2022-08-11 05:52:42

32 reservations on a C80!! That's the number I've been searching for for a few hours. Maximum number of DHCP reservations on Archer C80 is 32! (in case some other poor soul has been googling all day...)

Thank you @Kevin_Z !

Options

Information

Helpful: 0

Views: 1044

Replies: 7

Related Articles