Device will only connect to 2.4GHz channels less than 10 and Deco is picking channel 12

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.

Device will only connect to 2.4GHz channels less than 10 and Deco is picking channel 12

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.
2022-04-21 21:04:44
Model: Deco M4  
Hardware Version: V3
Firmware Version: 1.5.0

Hi, 

Our Canon Selphy CP1300 will only connect to 2.4Hz channels 10 or less and my Deco seems to insists on always defaulting to channel 12.  I've tried to enable the quest network but that also seems to land on channel 12.  Can anyone provide some input as to how to resolve this situation ? 

Regards

Options
3 Reply
Re:Device will only connect to 2.4GHz channels less than 10 and Deco is picking channel 12
2022-04-24 07:44:25

@mbis 

Thank you very much for the feedback.

Have you tried to use "Network Optimization" to see whether it could help re-select the channel?

Best regards.

Options
Re:Device will only connect to 2.4GHz channels less than 10 and Deco is picking channel 12
2022-04-24 20:12:57

@David-TP 

Hi,

I tried multiple times with the optimization and rebooting the system, and every time it ended up at channel 12.

I finally found a work-around though - I took another wifi-router, put on channel 12 and starting using it heavily.  Then I rebooted the deco and it finally ended up at a lower channel.

It is rather sad though that you need to use another vendors router to get the deco to behave.

Regards.

Options
2022-04-25 03:10:25

@mbis 

Hi, thank you for the feedback.

The engineers could help us change the channel as well without using another router.

The ability to manually change wireless channels is also under evaluation now.

I have sent an email to you and later if the channel changed back to 12, you could try to update the email, then I could invite the engineers to help us fix the channel to a lower one.

Best regards.

Options