Laptop won't connect to WiFi on new Archer AX55, but PC works fine

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.
2022-05-13 17:12:34

I installed and setup the new router for my PC, which now works fine. Then I went to my laptop, entered the password (from the label) to get WiFi connection, but the moment I did that, I lost the Internet connection on my PC. Now, every time I try to open my Laptop, I lose the Internet connection on my PC.  No idea why!  

Options
1 Reply
Re:Laptop won't connect to WiFi on new Archer AX55, but PC works fine
2022-05-16 12:34:37

Hello @Dix_Handley_II 

Can I know who is your ISP? Does it require any special setting parameters like VLAN ID? 

Please try the following procedures to ensure you've configured the AX55 to connect to the internet successfully:

1. Power off both the ISP modem and the AX55;

2. Wait for 5 minutes;

3. Power on the ISP modem;

4. Wait for 5 minutes;

5. Power on the AX55 and connect it to the ISP modem LAN port;

6. Wait another 5 minutes, then check if the LED will turn green.

If still no internet on the AX55, but the internet still works fine when connecting the PC directly to the modem, please try to clone the MAC address of the PC to the AX55 as follows, then check the internet again:

How do I configure MAC Address Clone on my TP-Link Archer Router? (Situation 1)

Nice to Meet You in Our TP-Link Community. Check Out the Latest Posts: Connect TP-Link Archer BE550 to Germany's DS-Lite (Dual Stack Lite) Internet via WAN Archer GE550 - BE9300 Tri-Band Wi-Fi 7 Gaming Router EasyMesh Is Available When Wi-Fi Routers Work in AP Mode as A Controller. Archer BE550 New Software Enhances System Stability and Optimizes MLO Network Stability. If you found a post or response helpful, please click Helpful (arrow pointing upward icon). If you are the author of a topic, remember to mark a helpful reply as the "Recommended Solution" (star icon) so that others can benefit from it.
Options

Information

Helpful: 0

Views: 349

Replies: 1

Related Articles