Mecool MK2 Android TV Box and Deco M5

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.
2022-05-31 10:21:11 - last edited 2022-05-31 10:22:29

Apologies if this is the wrong place to post and I have done a search without luck. 

I have been using a Deco M5 mesh system for over a year without problem but I'm having trouble connecting a Mecool KM2 android TV box to it. The "connecting now" window times out and is unable to connect although it sees the network. The network is encrypted WPA2-PSK and password protected. If I enable Guest Network without encryption then the box connects immediately. If I apply encryption it will not connect. I have checked the password several times, tried factory reset to the box but cannot get it to connect to the encrypted network. It connects fine to an open network which is OK for testing purposes but not operationally desirable. 

I'd appreciate any advice such as; is this a known problem or is there a workaround I could try? My competence level is only just above plug n'play level and I'm stumped by this. (My ISP is Virgin btw.)

Thank you

tmac51

Options
2 Reply
Re:Mecool MK2 Android TV Box and Deco M5
2022-05-31 13:33:26

@tmac51 

I would suggest bringing one of Satellite Deco M5 to where your Android TV Box is and connecting them by Ethernet cable. I googled Mecool MK2 specs and what I found says it has Ethernet port.

Options
Re:Mecool MK2 Android TV Box and Deco M5
2022-05-31 14:59:45

@Alexandre. Thanks for the reply. Luckily one of the Deco nodes is close by so I can use it on ethernet. Hopefully I'll find out why it won't connect to the encrypted wifi. No big deal, just annoying.

Thanks again.

Options

Information

Helpful: 0

Views: 687

Replies: 2

Related Articles