Deco E4 for 4 stories building and for repeater

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.
2022-06-02 08:33:00
Model: Deco E4  
Hardware Version: V7
Firmware Version: -

hi, 

I plan to try TPlink DECO E4 for my sister house, it is 4(and half) floor house

my experience is using ruijie Ew1200 and Tenda nova MW3

i want to try different router just to enable my knowledge

my question before purchase this DECO

1. is it possible to make a chain connection from 1st floor to 4th floor, each floor 1 DECO configured as mesh network, so i can seemlesly move from one floor to the other (tenda MW3 can do this)

2. is it possible to configure DECO as repeater, for another existing wifi? example one of the DECO i want to use as repeater on my existing wifi at home (ruijie can do this)

Thanks...

Willy  

Options
2 Reply
Re:Deco E4 for 4 stories building and for repeater
2022-06-03 00:11:58

@sibuncis 

It is not possible to make chain connection with Deco nodes. This is the feature users asked TP-Link to add for a long time, but as of me writing this it is not delivered yet. The first Deco where this feature is expected will be Deco M5. Follow this forum for "Deco M5 firmware 1.6" topics if you want more details.

It is unlikely Deco E4 will get this feature soon.

Deco mesh runs its own WiFi network, it does not extend the router network like repeaters do. It is by design and will not change.

Options
Re:Deco E4 for 4 stories building and for repeater
2022-06-03 02:14:20

@Alexandre. 

Thanks for your response. 

Options

Information

Helpful: 0

Views: 468

Replies: 2

Related Articles