AX6000 5GHz band issues

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.

AX6000 5GHz band issues

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.
AX6000 5GHz band issues
AX6000 5GHz band issues
2022-06-13 16:38:22
Model: Archer AX6000  
Hardware Version: V2
Firmware Version: Archer AX6000(US)_V2_211118

My newly bought AX6000 seems to be having some issues with the 5GHz band randomly dropping after a few hours of uptime. I've tried factory resetting, reinstalling the latest firmware, toggling features like OFDMA and MU-MIMO and changing the security settings. None of these improved anything.

At first I thought it was a thermal issue so now I have a fan below the router which makes it run a lot cooler, however this also did not improve anything. For my desktop, 2.4 seems to be working fine without any random drops. 

My phone constantly has problems connecting to both 2.4 and 5Ghz, as it randomly seems to lose internet connection while apparently still being connected to the wifi network.

Options
5 Reply
Re:AX6000 5GHz band issues
2022-06-14 01:45:52

Hello @Thomazz 

I would suggest you try to modify the 5G settings on the AX11000, you can run a Wi-Fi analyzer on the phone to review the 5G networks around you, then choose one that with less interference with others to observe if the connection will be more stable.

You may go through this FAQ as well - such behavior could be caused by wireless radar systems around you when using DFS channels. You may read this story too to see how to optimize the 'wireless channel' and 'channel width' selection in your router.

You may also refer to this article to check if it is located in a proper location:

How to place your wireless router for optimal reception and performance?

Nice to Meet You in Our TP-Link Community. Check Out the Latest Posts: Connect TP-Link Archer BE550 to Germany's DS-Lite (Dual Stack Lite) Internet via WAN Archer GE550 - BE9300 Tri-Band Wi-Fi 7 Gaming Router EasyMesh Is Available When Wi-Fi Routers Work in AP Mode as A Controller. Archer BE550 New Software Enhances System Stability and Optimizes MLO Network Stability. If you found a post or response helpful, please click Helpful (arrow pointing upward icon). If you are the author of a topic, remember to mark a helpful reply as the "Recommended Solution" (star icon) so that others can benefit from it.
Options
2022-06-14 15:51:08

@Kevin_Z Thank you for your quick response

My router placement seems good since I currently have it on a shelf around a meter and a half off the ground in the center of my house.
There don't seem to be many 5GHz access points around me, so I have set the 5GHz channel to 36 and width 160MHz.
I will monitor the connection and see if it's more stable. If not I will try using 80MHz for the channel width so no DFS channels are used.

Also sorry for the duplicate post, I couldn't find it back so I assumed it was somehow removed

Options
2022-06-15 01:31:41

Hello @Thomazz 

Thank you very much for getting back with the detailed info. Please monitor the connectivity and let me know which modification helps.

Thomazz wrote

Also sorry for the duplicate post, I couldn't find it back so I assumed it was somehow removed

No worries, I just found there are duplicate threads and I want to remind you of that.

Nice to Meet You in Our TP-Link Community. Check Out the Latest Posts: Connect TP-Link Archer BE550 to Germany's DS-Lite (Dual Stack Lite) Internet via WAN Archer GE550 - BE9300 Tri-Band Wi-Fi 7 Gaming Router EasyMesh Is Available When Wi-Fi Routers Work in AP Mode as A Controller. Archer BE550 New Software Enhances System Stability and Optimizes MLO Network Stability. If you found a post or response helpful, please click Helpful (arrow pointing upward icon). If you are the author of a topic, remember to mark a helpful reply as the "Recommended Solution" (star icon) so that others can benefit from it.
Options
2022-06-15 21:25:53

@Kevin_Z Changing to a set channel instead of using auto-select seems to improve the connection stability significantly.

I still had some small stability issues using 160MHz at channel 36, so I ended up further excluding DFS channels from the spectrum by using 80MHz width instead.
So far I have yet to experience any stability issues / drops and it looks like my problem has been completely resolved.

A single apple device still has occasional issues connecting to the 5GHz network, however I have my suspicions that this is caused by a problem with the device itself.
If I end up finding a solution or cause of the problem I'll let you know.

Thank you for your help and support!

Options
2022-06-16 05:56:14

@Thomazz 

Awesome, very good to know you figured it out. Great job.smiley

Please let me know if there is anything new that comes up.

Options

Information

Helpful: 0

Views: 847

Replies: 5

Related Articles