Archer C5400X V1 feature requests.

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.
2022-06-27 21:29:00 - last edited 2022-07-20 09:40:27
Model: Archer C5400X  
Hardware Version: V1
Firmware Version: 1.1.3

From my looking through the web GUI for the Archer C5400X, I have noted a number of features that are missing from a supposedly higher-tier product.

Here's a list of things that *should* be available. Consider this a set of bugs, some of which are features, some are definitively bugs and should have been picked up in QA or the early dev scrums at least:

1. The ability to set the local domain name for the LAN and DHCP entries: "pc1.myhouse.local" etc. A basic requirement, unavailable here.
  2. The ability to see the recently attempted URLs from all and any PC on the inside. It's already being scanned by the "antivirus" functionality so why not expose it properly?
  3. The "advanced" view to have the same information as the "basic" view, but with more. One should not have to go to between the views to get the desired information. e.g. port connection speed.
  4. The DHCP server configuration interface should have sort-by-other-column, and that sort order should persist. I want to see that list of manually assigned entries by IP address or alphabetically, not only the order of entry.
  5. When linked to a TP-Link account, the simple username/password to access the interface should be still available to use, without having to use the external login. 
  6. In "Basic" view, the list of attached clients in the network map should be completely exposed on the page and not hidden inside a short scrolling window. I'd like to extract that info at will.
  7. The bottom of the page that lists the firmware version/hardware version and the link to the support and app - should be selectable for cut and paste.
  8. The support link at the bottom of the page should go directly to the page for the exact hardware that the device is - not to the generic support page for all products. The firmware is already device-specific, trivial to have a working link there.
  9. IPV6 needs much work to be usable - very poor compared to e.g. ASUS ROG devices. I've had to leave it disabled due to weirdness that I haven't yet had time to troubleshoot.
  10. OpenVPN - why can I not upload *my* certificate?
  11. The router needs to interact better with a pihole on the network. I'm having much fun getting the internal network to work, I'm likely to disable the DHCP on the TPlink to get a properly working setup.
  12. No SNMP configuration available at all?
  13. May be better to just work with the community to getting DD-WRT working on this hardware and have a much better management interface that is known-working.

I was honestly expecting better from the management interface.

Still, the radio performance is good enough for the current requirement so there is that.

Regards,

-Cathal.

Options
1 Reply
Re:Archer C5400X V1 feature requests.
2022-06-28 02:09:30
all ok thanks
Options

Information

Helpful: 1

Views: 418

Replies: 1