Win 7 compatibility

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.

Win 7 compatibility

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.
Win 7 compatibility
Win 7 compatibility
2022-06-28 10:14:07
Model: Archer AX1800  
Hardware Version: V1
Firmware Version: 1.0.7 Build 20220401 rel.43893(4555)

Impossible to find the right model - mine is an AX5400, which I could not find om the dropdown menu.

The router(s - I have two in different locations) was sweet and easy to install. Notable increase in speed both on WiFi and cabled network. However:

My trusty old desktop computer runs Windows 7 Professional. My files are stored on NAS (Synology DSL718+, running Windows, version not known). After replacing my old router I can no longer access the NAS via Windows Explorer. Re-mounting the drives is not possible either, the Assistant simply cannot connect to the station. The web interface works fine, so the NAS is up and running.

Have tried rebooting NAS, router and computer.

Win 10 computers connect, no sweat.

Any idea what I can do to re-establish connection through Win7 Explorer? Yes, I know that Microsoft no longer support Win7 :-), but still.

Options
2 Reply
Re:Win 7 compatibility
2022-06-28 11:41:24

@MortenMo 

When talking about AX5400, I believe you own an Archer AX73 or AX72, you may verify by checking the sticker on the router bottom, where is a Model.

Back to the issue you are reporting, can I know are the Windows 7 and NAS connected to the AX5400 directly with Ethernet cables via LAN? Please check if the Windows 7 and NAS are getting IP addresses from the AX5400 automatically. Be sure both of them are using an IP address that is in the same IP subnet of the AX5400 if you tried to configure static IP settings. You can search online for "How To Find IP Address of Synology NAS" to check the IP of the NAS. If you didn't change the IP of the AX5400, it should be 192.168.0.1, so you may configure a static IP on the NAS to be in this 192.168.0.x subnet, such as 192.168.0.250.

You may also search online for "What_can_I_do_to_troubleshoot_NAS_connection_problems" and follow the guide to check the settings on the NAS itself.

Sorry that I cannot post the links directly in the community.

Nice to Meet You in Our TP-Link Community. Check Out the Latest Posts: Connect TP-Link Archer BE550 to Germany's DS-Lite (Dual Stack Lite) Internet via WAN Archer GE550 - BE9300 Tri-Band Wi-Fi 7 Gaming Router EasyMesh Is Available When Wi-Fi Routers Work in AP Mode as A Controller. Archer BE550 New Software Enhances System Stability and Optimizes MLO Network Stability. If you found a post or response helpful, please click Helpful (arrow pointing upward icon). If you are the author of a topic, remember to mark a helpful reply as the "Recommended Solution" (star icon) so that others can benefit from it.
Options
Re:Win 7 compatibility
2022-06-29 09:24:38

@Kevin_Z 

You are right, the sticker says AX72.

Question is possibly resolved. I am upgrading the Synology software, and this shows some positive signs. Thanks anyway! 

Options

Information

Helpful: 0

Views: 438

Replies: 2

Related Articles