Archer C1200 - Unable to connect to 2.4ghz

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.
2022-07-15 05:12:02 - last edited 2022-07-20 07:30:50
Model: Archer C1200  
Hardware Version: V3
Firmware Version: 3.0.8 Build 20211219 Rel. 66975

Model : Wireless Router Archer C1200

Hardware Version :Archer C1200 v3.0

Firmware Version : 3.0.8 Build 20211219 Rel. 66975

ISP : Tikona

Hi Team

I bought the TP Link Archer C1200 an year back from Amazon. It has worked great, up until a couple of days ago. I'm now having problems with my devices staying connected/connecting to the 2.4ghz band. 5ghz is working perfectly fine, however it takes a very long time for devices to connect to 2.4ghz. New devices, such as a friends phone, won't connect to the 2.4ghz band at all. The devices all see the band there, however they will not connect. I have the 2.4ghz as a separate band from the 5ghz. I've tried changing the channel of the band, as well as the channel width. Nothing seems to work.

The firmware is up to date (updated yesterday). Also check with placing router near to the TV but didn’t work.

Any help you can provide to alleviate this problem is appreciated. Unfortunately, my laptop and TV don't support 5ghz, so making sure I can connect to the 2.4ghz band is important.

Thanks & Regards,

Rupesh R. Rane

Options
1 Reply
Re:Archer C1200 - Unable to connect to 2.4ghz
2022-07-20 07:35:15

Hello @rrupesh10 

Thank you for reaching out to us and welcome to the TP-Link community.

If the 2.4G network doesn't maintain a stable connection, it's suggested to review the wireless networks around you via a Wi-Fi analyzer and try to choose one with less interference with others, then monitor the connectivity.

You may follow this FAQ to troubleshoot further.

Nice to Meet You in Our TP-Link Community. Check Out the Latest Posts: Connect TP-Link Archer BE550 to Germany's DS-Lite (Dual Stack Lite) Internet via WAN Archer GE550 - BE9300 Tri-Band Wi-Fi 7 Gaming Router EasyMesh Is Available When Wi-Fi Routers Work in AP Mode as A Controller. Archer BE550 New Software Enhances System Stability and Optimizes MLO Network Stability. If you found a post or response helpful, please click Helpful (arrow pointing upward icon). If you are the author of a topic, remember to mark a helpful reply as the "Recommended Solution" (star icon) so that others can benefit from it.
Options

Information

Helpful: 0

Views: 454

Replies: 1

Related Articles