remote control

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.

remote control

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.
remote control
remote control
2022-07-24 19:15:47
Model: Archer MR200  
Hardware Version: V4
Firmware Version: 1.1.0.0.9.1

Hello,

I have this particular modem and I can't control it remotely.

While when it is on his network I can see it normally,  when I leave the wi-fi the modem is not found by the Teyher application.

Does anyone have the same problem ase?

Thanks.

Options
4 Reply
Re:remote control
2022-07-24 22:39:08 - last edited 2022-07-24 23:15:56

@Akarv 

Follow this guide for troubleshooting your issue.

If that still doesn't work you can use the MR200 remote management:

Go to Advanced > System Tools > Administration page. Locate the Remote Management section.

If you still can't remotely access your MR200, the possible reason for that could be a CG-NAT used by your ISP.

Check your Internet IP address here:

If this IP address is private or in the range 100.64.0.0 to 100.127.255.255, then that's the reason for this behavior.

If this was helpful click once on the arrow pointing upward. If this solves your issue, click once the star to mark it as a "Recommended Solution".
Options
2022-07-25 05:52:13

@terziyski Hello, Thank you for your prompt reply. Let me inform you that I have already checked the specific points and they are ok. I am attaching relevant photos. Is there any other setting I need to do?

IP starts from 10.

File:
Screenshot_20220725-083438_Edge.jpgDownload
Options
2022-07-25 06:16:25 - last edited 2022-07-25 06:51:40

@Akarv 

Make sure that you're with the latest FW release for MR200 HW v4, which is v1.19.0.0.9.1.

This setting should suffice, but the bad news is that you can't use the Remote Management, because you're behind a double NAT from your ISP.

If your Internet IP address is starting with 10.x.y.z, it means you receive a private IP address, and the Remote Access feature won't work, unless you have a public IP address.

At this point you can contact your ISP and ask if there's an option, you could get a public IP address assigned to your MR200.

If this was helpful click once on the arrow pointing upward. If this solves your issue, click once the star to mark it as a "Recommended Solution".
Options
2022-07-26 07:57:02

@Akarv 

Hi, the remote management function you've configured is for web management page, however, like @terziys said, since the 4G internet IP address assigned by your ISP is a private IP address, the remote web management will not work until you obtains a public IP address.

In addition, for Tether App, if your device supports TP-Link cloud function, you will be able to bind the device to a TP-Link ID and manage it via Tether App remotely, however, upon checking, MR200 V4 doesn't support TP-Link cloud function, thus it can only be managed locally via Tether App.

Nice to Meet You in Our TP-Link Community. Check Out the Latest Posts: Archer GE550 - BE9300 Tri-Band Wi-Fi 7 Gaming Router EasyMesh Is Available When Wi-Fi Routers Work in AP Mode as A Controller. Archer BE550 New Software Enhances System Stability and Optimizes MLO Network Stability. TL-WA3001 Supports EasyMesh, Speed Limit, Guest Network in AP Mode and/or Multi-SSID Mode. If you found the post or response helpful, please click Helpful. If an answer solves your problem, click "Recommended Solution" so that others can benefit from it.
Options

Information

Helpful: 0

Views: 499

Replies: 4

Related Articles