WHAT IS THIS DEVICE FOR? ANY IDEAS OF WHAT TO DO WITH IT??

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.
2022-07-26 15:07:33
Model: Archer C58HP  
Hardware Version: V1
Firmware Version:

Hey guys, i need a little help & ideas...

What is the use of a router that is sold as AC (1300 Mbps!!) 2.4 & 5GHz dual band  that its Lan ports are 100 Mbps ethernet   and only can manage max 45 Mbps by its wan port??????  

Any suggestions??

Thanks.. 

Options
6 Reply
Re:WHAT IS THIS DEVICE FOR? ANY IDEAS OF WHAT TO DO WITH IT??
2022-07-27 08:02:00

@GeorKhawam 

C58HP has 10/100 mbps ethernet ports by design, like many other members of the Archer AC family routers:

A2
C20
C50
C60
A5
C24
A/C54
C58

I imagine that the benefit with these models could be that you'll have the AC speeds only by wireless connections in your LAN, at a lower price, compared with gigabit AC models.

In case of C58HP the other benefits are the high power amplifier (up to 1W) and the 9 dBi high-gain antennas.

If your have more than 100 mbps speed from your ISP, it's irrelevant to choose from these models, since you wouldn't be able to utilize it.

But if your ISP gives you less than 100 mbps, you could use one of these for HD streaming or other bandwidth demanding tasks on 5GHz band.

If this was helpful click once on the arrow pointing upward. If this solves your issue, click once the star to mark it as a "Recommended Solution".
Options
2022-07-27 12:26:26

@terziyski   The detail is just that last point: this router not even works at 100 Mbps, that transfer speed only works by the Lan ports.  When connect my isp ONU to the Internet/Wan port of the C58HP, the speed gets limited to max 45 Mbps tested on internet testing web pages and using software for local tests, and the result is the same:  bottleneck is in the wan side of the router and the limit is 45 Mbps. When i connect computer directly to onu by Lan cable, the speeds works well in the range of contracted network speeds. 

Everything suggests that the C58HP features are false advertising, a forgotten device model from Tp Link that despite it's a recent model, it's no more supported and the customers that bought this device are ignored and condemned to live with bugs, fake features  and with the only firmware that it has(the factory fw)   frown

Options
2022-07-27 15:19:42

@GeorKhawam 

Could it be the case that you've configured the QoS feature on C58HP ?

If not, I would suggest to reset the C58HP to factory defaults and re-configure (just basic settings)and test the WAN port speed again.

I this doesn't help try another ethernet cable to exclude any kind of cabling issues.

If the issue persists you may contact your local support to be advised further.

If this was helpful click once on the arrow pointing upward. If this solves your issue, click once the star to mark it as a "Recommended Solution".
Options
2022-07-27 18:25:17

@terziyski  I've deactivated the QoS and the speed reached near of the 100 Mbps enlightened yes

It means that the box where you "tell" your bandwidth to the router,really it's not for that..  i've discovered that this box really what does is set a limit to the bandwidth to the router itself to all the connected devices by lan & wireless,  this should be specified  since it doesn't make sense that there is a box to set a bandwidth limit to ALL the entire router and that does not allow you to set a specified bandwidth limits by ip ranges like it should be

Options
2022-07-27 18:51:13 - last edited 2022-07-27 19:06:00

@GeorKhawam 

QoS feature is not an equivalent of Bandwidth Control.

Here's the QoS configuration guide for C58HP, where you can see more details.

Note that C58HP supports only QoS feature.

Options
2022-07-27 19:58:47

@terziyski  Yes, i know it..  But what happens is, that in other routers that i have (ex. Archer C80, wr844n...)  the box where you "tell" your bandwidth to the router,in those models you may insert any value, and it didn't act like a limiter (because it's not for that)  I know that it's ONLY to tell the router what's your isp contracted bandwidth..  you could insert any low value and it wasn't going to act like a limiter...  BUT  in this case,in the C58HP, the box where you indicate your bandwidth, it acts like a limiter.. if you insert a low value, your bandwidth will be limited to that...  a strange anecdote..  Hope i explained well. 

we the C58HP owners are waiting for the bandwidth limiter feature,  We know it's possible to do  due to  resemblance to the 941HP physical and internally, they share just the same configuration interface  even...

Thanks for your help  yes

Options

Information

Helpful: 0

Views: 523

Replies: 6

Related Articles