Understanding Speeds

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.

Understanding Speeds

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.
Understanding Speeds
Understanding Speeds
2022-07-28 18:07:35
Model: Deco M9 Plus  
Hardware Version:
Firmware Version:

Surely this can't be correct. 
Running 900mb Sky Gigafast Fibre.
Deco app is showing speed of 718Mbps. 

As per screenshot below, no device shows as running above download of 2Mbps. 

I also have my office laptop connected to  1 x M9 via an Ethernet cable (as Wi-Fi still wasn't cutting it) but it continually disconnects whenever I go on Zoom or Teams calls. 

I'd appreciate any guidance, as followed all steps in App with success but there's clearly something wrong. 

FYI... I'm running 3x M9's with the first wired into the Sky router. 

Options
1 Reply
Re:Understanding Speeds
2022-07-28 19:46:06

@Ash3773 

This screenshot is for actual bandwidth utilization, and it is not real time. The information appears with delay. If device is idle, you'll see all zeroes. Unless you have device on your network that constantly hogging bandwidth, and you want to find it, you can ignore numbers on that screen.

I am assuming, your laptop is connected to Satellite Deco via an Ethernet. What if you connect laptop to Main Deco, will you still have interruptions of Zoom and Teams calls? The answer will help to understand if it is Deco configuration/firmware problem, or Satellite Deco connectivity to Main Deco problem.

What is firmware version of your Deco M9 Plus? You can find it under More/Update Deco in Deco app.

You said you connect Main Deco to Sky router. Would you be willing to try running Deco mesh in Access Point mode, or do you need parental controls available in Deco Router mode only? It is possible some Deco configuration settings interrupt Zoom/Teams calls, Access Point mode will eliminate most of those settings. Main Deco must be connected to the router to be able to function in Access Point mode.

See What’s the difference between Access Point mode and Router mode on the Deco?

For Satellite Deco to which your laptop is connected via Ethernet, what is that Deco Signal Source shows? You can find that information under that Satellite Deco page in Deco app. Example:

In that example, Signal Source is excellent, meaning Satellite Deco has perfect connection to Main Deco named Living Room. If Satellite Deco is too far from Main Deco and can't communicate with it properly, Internet connectivity issues may appear for devices connected to that Satellite Deco. 

Options

Information

Helpful: 0

Views: 241

Replies: 1

Related Articles