Deco P9 and mDNS / Bonjour Compatibility

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.
2022-08-19 18:07:57
Model: Deco P9  
Hardware Version: V2
Firmware Version: 1.1.3

I am trying to connect a second Eve Outdoor camera to my Mesh home network using Apple Homekit.  This is currently proving difficult to achieve with the device continuously unable to be found.  Eve support has asked me whether the Deco P9 is mDNS or Bonjour compliant.  Is this a question somone here can answer please?

As part of the configuration, I have to turn off the powerline backhaul so all of my Deco's are connected via ethernet.  Do they continue to broadcast over powerline anyway?

Options
3 Reply
Re:Deco P9 and mDNS / Bonjour Compatibility
2022-08-23 08:01:02

@Buttoneer 

Hi, Deco P9 is mDNS or Bonjour compliant and I have seen Air Print/Air Drop/Air Play work well on the Deco network.

And when P9 units are connected via Ethernet cables, Ethernet backhaul will have a higher process priority and at this moment, powerline backhaul is no longer in use.

Thank you very much.

Best regards.

Options
2022-08-23 08:47:17

@David-TP 

Thanks for your reply David.  Can you confirm whether there are any specific settings in the Deco app which will facilitate or ensure compatibility please?  For example, disabling 'beamforming' etc.

Regards

Colin

Options
2022-08-24 03:36:26

@Buttoneer 

Hi, "Fast roaming" and "Mesh Technology" might help and I have seen some smart devices are reported to have a bad experience with Mesh protocol.

Options

Information

Helpful: 0

Views: 1092

Replies: 3

Related Articles