Deco M5 and Deco XE75 network drops

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.
2022-08-25 15:37:13
Model: Deco XE75  
Hardware Version:
Firmware Version: 1.1.5.

Hi,

I've had 3 Deco M5, on every floor 1. At that time I experienced wifi drops now and then.

Because of that I extended with 2 new Deco XE75's.

One of the XE75 is wired to the router and so my main Deco. The other M75 end 2/3 M5's are in the mesh network. The 3rd M5 isn't needed for coverage at the moment.

Having these installed I have full coverage everywhere in my house and garden. However wifi connection drops several times a day on multiple devices.

I also noticed that the M5, which could easily go to 100mbit, now goed to a max of 30mbit.

It looks like the xe75 and m5's are interfering with each other and causing drops, where the should just extend each other........ 

Options
2 Reply
Re:Deco M5 and Deco XE75 network drops
2022-08-26 07:50:30

@dirkmuis 

Hi, can I have a picture of your network layout?

Is it possible to connect 2*M5 via Ethernet cable to satellite XE75, such as:

Best regards.

Options
Re:Deco M5 and Deco XE75 network drops
2022-08-26 08:54:54

@David-TP The network looks like the picture below. However the Deco's will pick there own best connection of course so I could in theory vary.

I don't have any ethernet in the other rooms, that's why I have them wireless installed. 

Yesterday I read this article: 

So today I tried to disable the beamforming and fast roaming.

Wifi on the FritzBox is disabled. The Deco's are in acces point mode.

Options

Information

Helpful: 0

Views: 835

Replies: 2

Related Articles