Deco S4 with Powerline AV600 adapter?

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.
2022-09-16 08:22:15
Model: Deco S4  
Hardware Version:
Firmware Version:

Hi, I was wondering if I could get some advice please. I have recently installed a Deco S4 to replace a wireless router which was connected to my ISP router (modem mode). I was also using the router to run an ethernet cable into a Powerline adapter with another adapter plugged in next to my CCTV system which enabled it to have internet connection. 

With the S4, while it has dramatically improved my WiFi signal around the house, I find that it is not working with the Powerline adapter. I have an ethernet cable running from the main S4 unit into the first Powerline adapter just like I did with the wireless router and all of the lights are on on the Powerline but no internet connection. Any ideas please?

Thank you.

Options
3 Reply
Re:Deco S4 with Powerline AV600 adapter?
2022-09-16 13:27:21

@JawadTP 

It is possible that your CCTV system is configured with static IP address, which is no longer valid because you now have Deco providing IP addresses from the different IP range.

If you have laptop or any other device with an Ethernet port, try plugging it to adapter that is next to your CCTV system and see if that device gets Internet connection.

Options
2022-09-16 21:41:35

@Alexandre. Very strange. All it took was for me to unplug network cable from the network plug, plug it into my PC and then plug it back into the CCTV and it started working. 

Options
2022-09-16 23:44:50

@JawadTP 

Glad to hear you made it work.

Who knows, maybe you powerline adapters set needed gentle push to start working with Deco, and PC provided that push. Maybe CCTV only decided to renew IP address when it realized it is disconnected from Ethernet cable and reconnected back. 

In any case, end result is what matters. Most likely, that CCTV won't cause you any more problems with its network connectivity to Deco.

Options

Information

Helpful: 0

Views: 535

Replies: 3

Related Articles