AX6000 V1 Crashes after a few minutes and flashes red

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.
2022-09-28 01:57:38
Model: Archer AX6000  
Hardware Version: V1
Firmware Version: 2021-12-08

The AX6000 has sat on my shelf since I bought it because it always starts flashing a red light a few minutes after booting up. It seems to work very well every time after booting, but only lasts 5 to 10 minutes before it flashes red and becomes unresponsive. The only thing that "fixes" it is unplugging the power cable.

For troubleshooting the router is only plugged into my modem, with only a single PC connected via ethernet.

So far I've tried the following:

1. Power cycling the router
  2. Updating to the latest firmware
  3. Factory reset
  4. Disabling every feature I can find on the router, including wireless
  5. Googling the issue unsuccessfully
  6. Calling tp-link support ~5 times and wasting hours, eventually getting disconnected and giving up each time. 

Is there anything I can do? Were there any known issues with the V1 routers? Any known fixes? I paid a lot of money for this thing and it's a shame to have it just collecting dust.

Options
3 Reply
Re:AX6000 V1 Crashes after a few minutes and flashes red
2022-09-28 06:44:29

Hello @MNSRW 

Thank you for reaching out to us and welcome to the TP-Link community.

When did you purchase the AX6000, and when did the issue start to happen?

Was there anything abnormal before it starts behaving like this, such as power outage?

Are you still using the original power adapter? Is it 12 V ⎓ 4 A? If possible, please try with another power adapter that with the same spec.

If nothing helps, we recommend reaching out to the local tech support via email or Live Chat, so they can work with you in looking into the issue further or help with the replacement:
https://www.tp-link.com/us/support/contact-technical-support/

Nice to Meet You in Our TP-Link Community. Check Out the Latest Posts: Connect TP-Link Archer BE550 to Germany's DS-Lite (Dual Stack Lite) Internet via WAN Archer GE550 - BE9300 Tri-Band Wi-Fi 7 Gaming Router EasyMesh Is Available When Wi-Fi Routers Work in AP Mode as A Controller. Archer BE550 New Software Enhances System Stability and Optimizes MLO Network Stability. If you found a post or response helpful, please click Helpful (arrow pointing upward icon). If you are the author of a topic, remember to mark a helpful reply as the "Recommended Solution" (star icon) so that others can benefit from it.
Options
2022-09-28 13:12:53

@Kevin_Z 

I bought the router in December of 2019, and it's had this issue since day one. (I missed the return window with the vendor, and never got anywhere with tplink support). There was nothing abnormal such as a power outage, it's always done this.

I believe this is the original power supply:

Model: S050FU1200400

Input: 100-240v ~ 50/60hz 1.5A Max

Output: 12.0v = 4000 mA

Options
2022-09-29 02:48:00

@MNSRW 

You should be able to contact the local tech support either via phone call, or email, or Live Chat.

Nice to Meet You in Our TP-Link Community. Check Out the Latest Posts: Connect TP-Link Archer BE550 to Germany's DS-Lite (Dual Stack Lite) Internet via WAN Archer GE550 - BE9300 Tri-Band Wi-Fi 7 Gaming Router EasyMesh Is Available When Wi-Fi Routers Work in AP Mode as A Controller. Archer BE550 New Software Enhances System Stability and Optimizes MLO Network Stability. If you found a post or response helpful, please click Helpful (arrow pointing upward icon). If you are the author of a topic, remember to mark a helpful reply as the "Recommended Solution" (star icon) so that others can benefit from it.
Options

Information

Helpful: 0

Views: 595

Replies: 3

Related Articles