TalkTalk Full Fibre - No Connection

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.
2022-10-23 17:48:27
Tags: #Talktalk
Model: Archer AX1800  
Hardware Version: V1
Firmware Version: 1.3.5 Build 20211231 rel.53949(4555)

Hi,

I'm trying to get my full fibre broadband working with my AX1800 but it won't get an internet connection. I have 

I've followed what TalkTalk have said I need to set the settings as:

Setting -  Value

Username - We use automated network authentication so there is no need for a username. You can leave this blank.

Password - We use automated network authentication so there is no need for a password. You can leave this blank.

Transfer Mode/Loop Encaps - PTM

VLAN ID - 101

MTU - 1500

DNS - Set as automatic (or similar)

Priority - 0

Authentication - DHCP/IPoE

BUT, where do I set the "Transfer Mode/Loop Encaps" to PTM? And how to do I set the authentication to DHCP/IPoE?

Those are 2 parts I can see an option to set. Also see the attached, how come those 2 fields need to be set when they're not going to be used/needed? What should I put in there?

Any help would be great please.

Thanks

Options
2 Reply
Re:TalkTalk Full Fibre - No Connection
2022-10-23 21:39:55 - last edited 2022-10-23 21:43:20

Actually.... I've just learned I shouldn't need to change setting in my TP-Link as the fibre comes from the ONT box. So I should just be able to plug the WAN cable from the ONT box straight into the WAN port of the AX1800.

But for what ever reason, the AX1800 isn't connecting. When I look at the Status it just says:

Options
Re:TalkTalk Full Fibre - No Connection
2022-10-24 05:49:19

@Wookie192 

Do you have internet access on the computer if you plug the computer directly into the ONT box? You need to verify this first, as it will tell you if you do have internet access from it or not.

If that works, then reset the AX1800 to factory defaults, and power off both the ONT box and the AX1800 for 3-5 minutes, power on the ONT box first and wait for it to connect to the network, then power on the AX1800, check again if it can generate the internet from the ONT box.

You can also try to clone the MAC address of the computer to the AX1800 as described here.

If my reply helps with the issue, please click on the arrow pointing upward. If it solves your issue, please click the star to mark it as a "Recommended Solution".
Options

Information

Helpful: 0

Views: 558

Replies: 2

Tags

Talktalk
Related Articles