Deco M4 and Wireless Printing

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.
2022-10-24 17:14:21 - last edited 2022-10-24 17:38:30
Model: Deco M4  
Hardware Version: V4
Firmware Version: 1.5.4

So it seems I am not the only one who has this problem and so far I have not been able to find a solution

Before I installed the Deco products I was using a Virgin Hub3 in Modem Mode connected to an ASUS wireless router

The router also afforded a wired connection to a small TP Link network switch which allowed wired connections to a PC and a Printer

I could print directly from the PC to my Epson Stylue Office BX630FW Printer through the switch

I could also print from my laptop and macbook through the ASUS router and TP Link switch to the printer

There were NO problems at all

I have now removed the ASUS router and put the Hub 3 into router mode but turned off the wifi so it is in effect only a wired router

The wired outputs from the Hub 3 are now connected to the small TP Link switch which is connected to the PC and Printer

One other outputs from the Hub 3 connects the Master Deco 4

There are two other Deco M4's all wirelessly connected to each other/the master

There is good wifi coverage across the house

HOWEVER

Now I cannot print from either of my Laptop of Macbook!

As this problem is clearly not unique to me and seems to be an issue with the Deco product, what is the TP Link proposed solution?

If I cannot get this to work then I will have to return the Deco M4 and look for an alternate mesh solution

Thanks for advising

Options
3 Reply
Re:Deco M4 and Wireless Printing
2022-10-24 19:32:44

@Dave54 

After you removed the ASUS router, can you still print from wired PC to wired Printer?

Because, if you can, there is a solution. Follow this document to configure Deco mesh to run in Access Point mode and the issue will go away: How to set up Deco to work in Access Point mode.

Options
2022-10-24 20:04:54

@Alexandre. 

Thank you for the reply

I have not created the access points yet

I have got the Laptop to work, by setting the Printer / Properties / Ports to be Standard TCP/IP

HOWEVER

I am having a nightmare connecting my MAC to the printer using wireless

Does anyone have any ideas about that?

Options
2022-10-25 03:03:25

@Dave54 

Hi, Alexandre was right and you need to set Deco M4 into access point mode. Since Deco is a wireless router as well, your wireless devices are in a different IP range from your laptop and printer.

Options

Information

Helpful: 0

Views: 559

Replies: 3

Related Articles