router in bridge mode and use as hub

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.
2022-10-25 14:20:42
Model: TL-WR841HP  
Hardware Version: V5
Firmware Version:

I bought above metioned Wifi extender, next to Raisecom modem/router from our internet supplier.

I  set up the TP link as extender (and checked it is in bridge mode)

I see in the mobile app the extender, connected to the same Wifi network as the modem/router.

• But the wifi signal is not much better!

Other issue: can I connect a standard LAN cable from modem to the extender? And then in which port.
Or must that be a crossed cable?

Help

Options
2 Reply
Re:router in bridge mode and use as hub
2022-10-25 21:41:29

@jtb_id 

If you want to connect a standard ethernet cable from your ISP modem to the TL-WR841HP then you should re-configure TL-WR841HP in AP mode (Case 1).

In this scenario you'd have more stable connection. Connection between devices should be ISP modem LAN port => TL-WR841HP WAN port.

Go through this FAQ to read some general advices about improving your wireless speed and range.

If this was helpful click once on the arrow pointing upward. If this solves your issue, click once the star to mark it as a "Recommended Solution".
Options
Re:router in bridge mode and use as hub
2022-10-27 06:17:31

@terziyski 

Thank you,
I modified it and directly better working
But
Wifi signal is not so strong

And very strange; after modification working, next morning still working. Coming back at hom, totally no WiFi (ja signal okay but no internet)
Taking out the connection to TP-link - still not working
Restart modem and after that - working.

I think I first must modify fixed IP addresses first. Terrible not enough time!

Options