Deco M4 not working with Lan cable.

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.
2022-11-02 09:11:51

Hi there, just moved to a new house with basement. I have an mobile internet working with modem Huawei b315s-22 (based on attic), also there is a LAN in the house. I've got a LAN socket in the living room - where the main Deco is working with (all is fine) and another LAN socket in the basement - where I want to use another Deco with cable - but it's not working. I've tried both options - as a router (default) and as a access point. 

1. When I try as a router - it's blinking red, as probably can't find main Deco (its' basement and have floor heating all ground floor.

2. When I try as an access point - basement Deco putted with cable into the LAN socket is going white, but ten my phone wifi says that there is no internet, so I'm sure there is something wrong with cables or something.

Could you please help me, as have no clue and more power to deal with it.
Thank you for reading.

Options
6 Reply
Re:Deco M4 not working with Lan cable.
2022-11-02 12:59:39 - last edited 2022-11-02 13:00:09

@SMario 

The first thing I would do is check that the cable is working for you. 

How are the LAN cables connected?   You mentioned it has LAN around the house which would indicate that its going to a switch  panel or patch panel somewhere.   The LAN port in the living room, where does it go to?  

My thinking is these all go to one cabinet / patch port somewhere and may need a switch in there to handle them.   Are the ports in your house marked in any way?  something like  P1/1/1  or C1/1  or even just 1   2   3   etc..

post a picture or two if you can  smiley

Options
2022-11-02 14:28:36

@Philbert  Thank you for reply. Will double check with another cable, thank you.

Yes they all (LAN cables) are connected at the attic using desktop switch 16 ports model TL-SF1016DS.

Living room - LAN cable from the socket goes up to the attic and is connected to switch mentioned above - or it could be connected directly to Huawei modem, need to check that.

I

Options
2022-11-02 14:47:53 - last edited 2022-11-02 14:50:21

@SMario 

In that case if everything is going to be cabled in like you describe, then you are likely best running in Access Point Mode.

To run these in Access Point Mode you will need to have one connection from that switch to your ISP Router.   Then the Deco will plug into the same switch on another port, if one of your Deco is beside the ISP router, just go straight into it.  

Below is what you are after. 

You can run either both Deco off the switch, or just the remote one.   As long as the switch is connected to your ISP router then it should be good to go!

P.S.  Depending on the speed of your internet, that switch could be a bottleneck for you.  Its only rated to 100mbps speeds, so if your internet is faster than 100 it will limit you.   

Something to consider replacing if needed, however they are very cheap to replace and from sounds of it you wont actually need all 16 ports.   A cheap  8 port would likely do for  40 US$   40€ 

Options
2022-11-03 11:09:43

@Philbert Thank you very much for explanation and drawing. It sound's easy ..... but it's not, not for me :)

Yesterday I had tried with Deco located in basement connected to the socket in wall, what was weird for me - the internet in my phone using wifi when I was close to DECO (1 or 2 meters) was good, but when I was 4 or more meters from DECO - internet was dead. 

I'm sure I need to arrange someone who can check everything cable by cable and sort it for me.....

Thank you. 

Options
2022-11-04 12:22:15

@Philbert Just to let you know - one of Deco's is broken, probably antenna. I've just swap them and I'm sure one is not working properly, just about 2 meters around. So I need to send it for guarantee.

Options
2022-11-06 12:01:38

@SMario 

Ah thats unfortunate, least you got to the bottom of what it was!   Hopefully swop out and all good!

Options

Information

Helpful: 0

Views: 367

Replies: 6

Related Articles