Archer AX90 - speed test via Tether app or desktop web ui? (speed problem)

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.
2022-11-07 08:02:43 - last edited 2022-11-08 08:34:36
Tags: #router
Model: Archer AX90  
Hardware Version:
Firmware Version:

Is there any way, how to check internet speed coming directly to the router? Because I am getting unstable speeds on my desktop. But stable, while I connect the main cabel directly to my PC. So I’d like to see what exact speed is the modem receiving.

I have an optic internet cable connection of 1 gbps.

Main cabel from provider -> PC = all the time 900-920 mbps (up and down)

Main cabel -> AX 90 ->  PC = sometimes 600 mbps, sometimes 800 mbps (results jumps here and there)

All on cables, no wifi.

All testing is done via speedtest.com. I did factory reset and updated the latest firmware on the router.

Options
1 Reply
Re:Archer AX90 - speed test via Tether app or desktop web ui? (speed problem)
2022-11-08 08:41:27

@luckerr 

The built-in speedtest measures the speed between the testing device and a test server, it's not testing the speed between the router and the modem.

If the speed is not stable when connecting to the AX90, you may first check the QoS settings on the router, just be sure those are correctly configured. Or you can follow the below instructions to disable it:

How to turn off the QoS feature on TP-Link Router

If my reply helps with the issue, please click on the arrow pointing upward. If it solves your issue, please click the star to mark it as a "Recommended Solution".
Options

Information

Helpful: 0

Views: 669

Replies: 1

Tags

router
Related Articles