Archer C7 V5 - slow WLAN Rates

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.
2022-11-10 13:22:29
Model: Archer C7  
Hardware Version: V5
Firmware Version: Archer C7(EU)_V5_211022

Hello,

i got my new DSL Provider today.

The Router is an FritzBox 6660 Cable with newest Firmware.

Testhardware: MacBook Pro M1

Fritzbox Shows at the Internet Tab: ↓ 1150 Mbit/s↑ 57,5 Mbit/s

Speedtest with the Mac over WLAN directly connected to the Fritzbox => ↓ 700 Mbit/s↑ 53 Mbit/s
Not the best result - but ok....

Then i connected my Archer C7 to the Fritzbox with an 30meter long Cat 5e Cable because i need internet connection 2 floors down.

Archer C7 - Mode Accesspoint - Distance between Archer C7 and MacBook about 3 Meters - no walls => ↓ 43 Mbit/s↑ 51 Mbit/s
There is not much to configure - so i stucked.

After some reading i got no solution.

So I boldly switched from the access point to the router setting.

Archer C7 - Mode Router - Distance between Archer C7 and MacBook about 3 Meters - no walls => ↓ 150 Mbit/s↑ 52 Mbit/s
Also not the best result - 
but at least....

I don't really want to stay in router mode because I would like to use the same SSID and network area via WLAN.

And of course I would like to achieve higher throughput rates - no matter in which mode.

Maybe someone has a helpful idea?
Am I doing something wrong or is there a setting I just haven't discovered?

Options
3 Reply
Re:Archer C7 V5 - slow WLAN Rates
2022-11-17 09:41:18

@RayMatrix 

What if you connect the Mac to that 30meter long Cat 5e Cable directly on the 2nd floor, will you still get  ↓ 700 Mbit/s ↑ 53 Mbit/s?

If not, I must say the distance and the cable are the reasons why you get a slower speed.

Try relocating the C7 closer to the fritzbox with a shorter cable to observe if that will make a difference.

If my reply helps with the issue, please click on the arrow pointing upward. If it solves your issue, please click the star to mark it as a "Recommended Solution".
Options
2022-11-17 21:32:40

@Liverpool20 Just checked - cable is ok - got about ↓ 700 Mbit/s ↑ 53 Mbit/s

Options
2022-11-18 08:04:07

@RayMatrix 

Oh I see.

Have you ever configured the QoS setting on the C7 when setting it up? You may follow this guide to turn it off if it is currently on. Ensure there is no device in the high priority.

If still no change, I'm afraid my last suggestion would be resetting the C7 to factory defaults and then reconfiguring it from scratch to observe if that will make a difference. When doing the reconfiguration, don't modify any additional settings, just set up the internet on it, this will tell if the slow speed is caused by any special settings on it.

If my reply helps with the issue, please click on the arrow pointing upward. If it solves your issue, please click the star to mark it as a "Recommended Solution".
Options

Information

Helpful: 0

Views: 219

Replies: 3

Related Articles