Votes

Disable DHCP server for Deco X4300 PRO

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.

Votes

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.
2022-11-14 22:52:58
Tags: #DHCP
Model: Deco X68  
Hardware Version: V1
Firmware Version: 1.0.2 Build 20220707

I am attempting to turn off my DHCP on the Deco routers to allow Pi-hole to run as the DHCP and DNS server however it seems like it is unavailable. when will this option be made available or when can we set DHCP to only a single IP address on the routers to allow for proper control through other systems?

THanks.

Options
4 Reply
Re:Disable DHCP server for Deco X4300 PRO
2022-11-15 06:48:23

@Raifboi Hi, welcome to the community.

Do you wish to disable DHCO under wireless router mode on Deco X4300 pro?

Currently, the DHCP is disabled under Access point mode if you have no intention to keep Deco working in wireless router mode, then you could configure Pi-hole as the DHCP and DNS server.

Best regards.

Options
2022-11-15 17:56:06

@David-TP Thank you for the response, If I put the Deco in ap mode would I have to run another router to the modem?

Options
2022-11-21 09:11:20

@Raifboi Hi, yes, you need another router when Deco is in AP mode.  Since you have already run a Pi-Hole, I think you must be very good at Linux systems and I used to see some users have configured Pi-hole as a soft router working as the DHCP and DNS server.

Best regards.

Options
2023-02-06 17:25:51

@David-TP 

Just to clarify, you are saying that in order to disable the DHCP server on the X4300 Pro, we cannot run it as a router. We must purchase an additional router that supports running without a DHCP server, set that new router up, and reconfigure our entire network to use the new router/gateway?

Options

Information

Helpful: 4

Views: 440

Replies: 4

Voters 3

Tags

DHCP