Connected but no internet

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.
2022-11-22 16:19:50
Tags: #No internet
Model: Deco M5  
Hardware Version:
Firmware Version: 1.6.1 Build 20220818 Rel. 36456

Since quite some time (around a year) mobile phones within the house get "Connected but no internet" WiFi. Seems to happen more and more often. Anyone knows a fix? Already done every update, tried to turn on and off settings, restart the Deco's every night and tried to restart my modem. Also did the network optimization a lot. Nothing seems to work so far unfortunately. All of my Deco's are connected to ethernet cables.

Options
3 Reply
Re:Connected but no internet
2022-11-23 08:10:44

@GeneraalSpeknek 

Hi, what are the model numbers of the clients that frequently reported  "Connected but no internet"?

How often would you notice this issue?

And do you need to restart Deco or the clients themselves once to get the internet connection back?

Have you tried to turn off "Mesh Technology" for the clients?

Please also refer to this link to change the WAN DNS server to 8.8.8.8/8.8.4.4:https://www.tp-link.com/en/support/faq/1855/

Wait for your reply.

Best regards.

Options
2022-11-25 15:38:29 - last edited 2022-11-25 15:44:40

@GeneraalSpeknek 

2pcs x20 v4 1.0.2 20220401 rel 63997

x20 4G v1 1.0.5 20210708 rel 64376

Chrome OS 107.0.5304.110 64

I have the same problem with my chromebook. Keeps droppin randomly internet but wifi stays strong. 2x X20 and main is X20 4G, 24 clients online,and only the chromebook has problems. It's a HP 14a-na0414no witch has Realtek RTL8822CE wifi card as standard. Tried everything includin powerwash, mesh reboot, relocation, different settings in deco and in laptop that everyone suggest. Different dns servers, bandwiths, deco combinations. everything. Always frequent random internet drops with crome os with dns resolution errors and dhcp and gateway lookup errors. everything else in the network works normally. Mayby it's the realtek card, mayby chrome os, or its something with x20 mesh. can't change channels on deco or firewall rules. 

Yesterday i tried making guest wifi with only 2.4ghz band (its the same channel as the main network) with different name and my  chromebook is the only one using it. It has been online for 6 hours and just made one very short connection lost. So it's much better now but still feel like a cheap workaround. I really dont know witch one is causing the problem, but my laptop works fine with phone as a hotspot.

Options
2022-11-26 10:04:42

Hi  @David-TP, thanks for your message!

I notice it on basically every wireless device. From Android Smartphones, Google Home products to Android TV's and my Windows 11 laptop. Wired connection always works perfectly, I game for multiple hours straight and it never drops. This issue occurs multiple times a day on different devices. I can't lay a finger on any similarities when it happens. Sometimes it occurs 3 times in an hours, and then it works well for 3 hours. Because it works good when wired I don't think it's a DNS issue.

I haven't turned off mesh, since the mesh is exactly what I bought the Deco's for.

Kind regards.

Options

Information

Helpful: 0

Views: 417

Replies: 3

Tags

No internet
Related Articles