Archer AX50 Still missing WPA3/OneMesh, 2 years later, while clearly able to support them.

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.

Archer AX50 Still missing WPA3/OneMesh, 2 years later, while clearly able to support them.

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.
2022-11-22 23:42:58 - last edited 2022-11-22 23:46:19
Model: Archer AX50  
Hardware Version: V1
Firmware Version: 1.0.11 Build 20220526 rel.63519(4555)

I don't like beating a dead horse, but i'm genuinely curious how after all these years, TP-Link engineers are still somehow incapable of bringing over WPA3/Onemesh to a device that clearly supports them out of the box. 

As known, the AX50's CPU is the Intel Lantiq GRX350, a CPU which, by even Intel's own word and technical documents, can support WPA3 And Onemesh out of the box. (https://www.intel.com/content/dam/www/public/us/en/documents/product-briefs/anywan-soc-grx350-ax3000-product-brief.pdf , Page 2, WLAN Features), so that brings me to the question of HOW, after 2 years TP-Link is still unable to bring up an update on a router which is clearly still updated to this day, literally getting a new update a few months ago, with a feature that should've basically been there day 1.

Options
1 Reply
Re:Archer AX50 Still missing WPA3/OneMesh, 2 years later, while clearly able to support them.
2022-11-23 01:34:16

@Cerulean5331 

They have stated that AX50 will not support WPA3 or Onemesh in this threadsad:

TP-Link official statement regarding WPA3 and OneMesh Compatibility.

If my reply helps with the issue, please click on the arrow pointing upward. If it solves your issue, please click the star to mark it as a "Recommended Solution".
Options

Information

Helpful: 4

Views: 1057

Replies: 1

Related Articles