Archer C80 and Playstation 5 NAT

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.
2022-11-23 10:03:51
Tags: #playstation 5
Model: Archer C80  
Hardware Version:
Firmware Version: latest (updated yesterday)

Hi all!

I've a TP-Link Archer C80 Gigabit Router on my house (latest firmware updated yesterday).

The router is connected through WAN port to the fiber (1.000 Mbps), and set on PPoE with settings, user and pass of my internet provider. On this way the router provides internet connection (both with wireless and Ethernet) to pc, smartphones, tv etc. of my house.

I got a brand new Playstation 5, connected through a TP-Link TL-SG1005D switch with Ethernet cable (all CAT 6 or superior). 

On network settings my PS5 show me that I'm under NAT 2 (moderate) and I'm trying to get a NAT 1 (open) to play online my favourite games (COD Warzone and Warzone 2.0).

I followed a lot of tutorial to open NAT port on my router, so I reserved a fixed IP to my PS5, set all TCP and UDP port required for Warzone under router NAT settings, and as a last resort I tried setting DMZ for the IP of my PS5 too. Obviously, restarted the router each time.

No way, despite all my attempts, I always get NAT 2. angry

Could you please help me? What I missed?

Many thanks for your kind help! wink

Options
1 Reply
Re:Archer C80 and Playstation 5 NAT
2022-11-24 10:41:52

@wwwmagnottait 

Use this guide to troubleshoot your issue.

If your C80 Internet IP address is not a public IP address, it can cause the issue described.

If this was helpful click once on the arrow pointing upward. If this solves your issue, click once the star to mark it as a "Recommended Solution".
Options

Information

Helpful: 1

Views: 561

Replies: 1

Tags

playstation 5
Related Articles