USB Sharing on AX50 Files Not Seen

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.
2022-12-12 16:55:04
Model: Archer AX50  
Hardware Version: V1
Firmware Version: 1.0.1 Build 20210730

AX50 was sharing files with my primary Windows 11 machine but intermittent on my secondary on same network. Usually used for temporary holding between two machines.

Now I can see the file share as a computer in Network (along with my own) but clicking through it shows no files although there are files on the USB drive.

Previously the "Share" box in router configuration allowed me to select the G drive (named that) but now it just has the share contents option to "Share all Folders" which is unchecked next time I go in.  The interface does not look like the setup and troubleshooting tutorials online, having a different (pie chart) selection of drives and no sharing options other than a big grey box saying "sharing contents".

Have followed all of the setup and troubleshooting steps found online such as enabling SMB on both machines (both did not have it, even the one that worked).

Have removed USB drive, checked on PC, and rebooted router.

I'd like to get the file sharing back and working reliably for both machines, thanks.

Options
6 Reply
Re:USB Sharing on AX50 Files Not Seen
2022-12-12 17:37:56

@icewiz 

Hi,

If you click the pictogram marked with the red arrow, can you then see the name of the USB drive and Used/Available space?

Options
2022-12-12 17:42:29

@woozle thanks. I don't have that interface. I see a donut/pie chart that shows the availability. 

So yes, but the options for sharing others see at the bottom of that screen are not available to me. 

I do see authentication and media share options. Both are off but I've tried them each on. 

Options
2022-12-12 19:33:28 - last edited 2022-12-12 19:34:39

@icewiz 

Ok, I assumed that small pictogram of a dog-eared page of paper that can be clicked on would exist on any AX50 router with any firmware version. 

Anyway, when you hover the mouse over that pie chart, does it show the name of your USB drive, the "G:" and credible values for Used/Available space?

Options
2022-12-12 19:38:45

@woozle the dog ear does exist and below it the pie chart with plenty of space.  There is exactly 1 file on the USB drive that I transferred between the computers last.

My version has the pie chart rather than the table you showed but above looks similar.

There are approximately 128 GB of space available.

Options
2022-12-12 20:52:21 - last edited 2022-12-12 21:05:46

@icewiz 

Two things that you could try:

1) Test if the AX50's file sharing works if you plug in a different USB drive. (provided you have one available)

2) Plug the original USB drive it into a computer and then "format" it. (before doing that make sure you have a backup of that 1 file that's on the USB drive, in case you still need it)

Then plug the USB drive back into the AX50 and check if anything is different now.

By the way. Maybe TP-Link didn't make it obvious enough, but the way it works is that a mouse-click on the  displays the pie chart and a click on the  displays the table chart like shown on the screenshot above.

Options
2022-12-13 03:41:36

@woozle looks like that worked.

I re-reformatted after trying a different drive and both worked.

No idea why it didn't work the first time.

Now the drive doesn't show on my 2nd computer but I'm guessing that's a different problem.

Let's call this one solved for now.

Options

Information

Helpful: 0

Views: 631

Replies: 6

Related Articles