TP Link Deco X50 and Proximus Decoder v5 HD

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.
2022-12-17 12:46:48 - last edited 2022-12-17 12:48:24
Model: Deco X50  
Hardware Version:
Firmware Version: 1.0.8 Build 20220407 rel 69134

Hello,

i have a Deco x50 with 1 main and 2 satellite decos with the latest firmware version. The main connects to the satellites via Wi-Fi. The Deco is configured as a Wi-Fi router, because I want additional security and management features (such as shutting down internet access for my children when necessary). 

I am a client of Proximus (Belgium) and have 1 BBox v3, with 2 decoders v5 with HDD. These decoders are connected to my satellite decos onto the LAN ports. 

For this to work I need to enable IPTV in the management application. When I select bridging mode, and assign the LAN ports as above, then the TV works for about 2 days. Then the TV channels freeze and I get an error message. 

I can then reset the deco bridging mode (set IPTV to off, save, and then re-enable IPTV as before). Then I can restart the decoders, and again watch TV for about 2 days. 

What I would like is a feature that does the above reset (the TP Link specific part) every night at a time of my choosing. 

I can also provide logs if you like, so that TP Link can find a more permanent solution.  

i have tried various custom settings, but those seem to be very specific and I am not a network engineer. 

Kind regards,

EightBit72

Options