Device instability & "get wps status failed" error

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.
2022-12-20 13:18:23
Model: M7200  
Hardware Version: V3
Firmware Version: 3.0.5 Build 220419 Rel.1012n

I'm having an issue where after an arbitrary amount of time (sometimes as little as 30 minutes, sometimes 36+ hours), the M7200 will start to become unresponsive, data speeds will slow, devices will lose and regain connection with it (as though wifi is cycling on and off).

I don't use WPS so I have switched that off in the settings. I am on the latest firmware for my device, 3.0.5 Build 220419 Rel.1012n.

The error message in the logs associated with this instability behavior is "get wps status failed" and will repeat in the logs every 4 to 5 seconds until either it is rebooted or WPS is switched on. When this happens I have to go into the settings, switch WPS on, wait for the wifi to restart, then switch it back off and wait for the wifi to restart again before I can resume using the device.

This seems to be a known issue (and for more than 2 years) but no further guidance was given other than update firmware to the latest version:

https://community.tp-link.com/en/home/forum/topic/217992

Something in the firmware needs to be changed/updated so that the device respects the WPS setting without getting into a never-ending loop of errors that causes the device to become unstable.

Options
1 Reply
Re:Device instability & "get wps status failed" error
2022-12-28 09:46:40

@Calabash 

Hi, thanks for the feedback.

We've confirmed with the senior engineer that the logs about "get wpa status failed" will not affect the device performance, for the wireless disconnecting issue, please refer to the instruction below to troubleshoot:
https://www.tp-link.com/en/support/faq/3416/

If problem still happens frequently, please provide more details including the required information mentioned in the end of the above instruction.

Nice to Meet You in Our TP-Link Community. Check Out the Latest Posts: Archer GE550 - BE9300 Tri-Band Wi-Fi 7 Gaming Router EasyMesh Is Available When Wi-Fi Routers Work in AP Mode as A Controller. Archer BE550 New Software Enhances System Stability and Optimizes MLO Network Stability. TL-WA3001 Supports EasyMesh, Speed Limit, Guest Network in AP Mode and/or Multi-SSID Mode. If you found the post or response helpful, please click Helpful. If an answer solves your problem, click "Recommended Solution" so that others can benefit from it.
Options

Information

Helpful: 0

Views: 962

Replies: 1

Related Articles