Votes

Which TP-Link Mesh wifi6 or wifi6E router has automatic power off function?

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.

Votes

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.
2022-12-30 14:55:34 - last edited 2022-12-30 14:57:05

As subject.

I noticed this thread: https://community.tp-link.com/en/home/forum/topic/112213?page=18

It seems at least no there in Deco series? 

Options
4 Reply
Re:Which TP-Link Mesh wifi6 or wifi6E router has automatic power off function?
2023-01-03 01:50:17

@fdweb 

Hi,  the feature of the WiFi schedule has not been ready yet. But Deco X50/Deco X55 does support a reboot schedule, such as:

How to configure the Reboot Schedule feature on the Deco

Options
2023-01-03 02:08:05

@David-TP 

David-TP wrote

@fdweb 

Hi,  the feature of the WiFi schedule has not been ready yet. But Deco X50/Deco X55 does support a reboot schedule, such as:

How to configure the Reboot Schedule feature on the Deco

Thank you David.

I check the link.  Am I right this is a scheduled reboot instead of a scheduled down time which will keep the Router off for example in the evening?

About this Schedule reboot feature, does Deco XE75 support it?  Do you know?

Many thanks

Options
2023-01-03 10:11:30

@fdweb 

Hi, you are right and it is an indeed reboot schedule, not a scheduled downtime which will keep the Router off.

I am sorry the power schedule is not supported either as the WiFi schedule.

A temporary workaround shared by some users is that you could try to power on Deco via a smart plug, then configure power on/off schedule on the smart plug.

Best regards.

Options
2023-01-06 03:04:24

@David-TP Thank you.

I did notice the TP-Link Kasa can help.  But I have questions on this:

1. If I only want to turn off the TP-Link Deco satellite, I can plug the satellite onto Kasa and then plug them on the wall.  I assume Kasa uses my wifi to determine the time to cut the power or awake at pre-defined time, it would work, and the Deco satellite will automatically find the main router and re-connect. Am I right?

2. However, if I wanted to power off and wake up my main router (i.e. pulg my main rounter onto Kasa and then on the wall), I suspect I won't able to do it?  Because when my main router's power is cut by Kasa as scheduled, my home wifi is gone.   How could Kasa determine when to awake my main router in the morning?

I guess this is also one of the obstacles to allow TP-Link to provide such feature in the router itself?  Am I right?

Hope you can shed some light on this.

Thanks and regards,

Options

Information

Helpful: 2

Views: 416

Replies: 4

Voters 1