Archer VR400 v3

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.

Archer VR400 v3

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.
Archer VR400 v3
Archer VR400 v3
2022-12-31 05:50:39
Model: Archer VR400  
Hardware Version: V3
Firmware Version: 1.5.0 0.9.1 v00a1.0 Build 220321 Rel.60385n

HI - I am trying to add a 4G dongle to the back of my Archer V400 V3 and not getting anywhere with an old (3 year old) dongle I had previously acquired.

Does anyone know which make and model of dongle (chiavetta) I should purchase?

The modem is in tialy and my carrier is (would be if I get this to work!) TIM, I have all the connection details.

I found a lot of posts mentioning HUAWEI dongles but nothing conclusive. Does anyone have any real world experience on this or is it a case of trail and error?

Are tp-link ever going to publish a hardware compatibility list? IMHO flogging this model as a 3g/4g compatible w/out that list is checky to say the least...

thank you.

chiavetta 4g Archer 400 V3

Options
1 Reply
Re:Archer VR400 v3
2023-01-02 12:01:35

@ltbauzo 

Personally I have used Huawei dongles before and they do work, it was a while back so dont have the exact model (sorry).. 

That aside, generally I have never had an issue getting this working with any USB modem.. but a lot of them I had to manually create a profile to get it working.   How have you set this up and what are you seeing?   Can you get the device to try and establish or is it simply not seeing the device?

Options

Information

Helpful: 0

Views: 546

Replies: 1

Related Articles