Ewelink / Sonoff devices not pairing for home automation using Deco M4

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.
2023-01-02 20:55:37 - last edited 2023-08-15 02:45:46
Model: Deco M4  
Hardware Version:
Firmware Version: 1.0.5 Build 20220512Rel. 59723

Hi, hope you can help,
                                    i have quite a few Sonoff home automation units "Switches Relays" that need to be added using a mobile phone & the house WiFi. For some reason i cant add new switches or relays. Its like the Deco M4 wont let me add new home automation devices. Do i need to tell the Deco units to allow the switches i am using through. 
The strange thing is i can log on to any of the Deco 4 units & switch on/off  switches already paired with the system from before but cant add new ones. Any help would be appreciated. 

Thanks

Chris

PS: these units only work via 2.4ghz so i switched off the 5ghz

Options
1 Accepted Solution
Re:Ewelink / Sonoff devices not pairing for home automation using Deco M4-Solution
2023-01-05 11:44:31 - last edited 2023-08-15 02:45:46

@collectors 

I've had the same issue. I managed to work around it by switching off all my Decos and home router, and setting up a hotspot on my wife's phone with the 5GHz disabled and with the home WiFi name and password. Thereafter I could switch the home WiFi back on the Sonoffs would connect. 

My take, the Deco's don't seem to really switch the 5GHz off and that messes with things. Unless TP Link can provide a more scientific reason.

Now I've installed a SMTONOFF (which is seemingly not sonoff but works with ewelink) for my geyser in the DB and same story with the Deco's. Used my daughter's phone and it paired, howere the switch back wasn't successful for some reason... I'll try wife's phone when she arrives home later...

It's annoying that we have to battle with these things in this day and age. Feels like you're working with software written in the 80's...

Recommended Solution
Options
2 Reply
Re:Ewelink / Sonoff devices not pairing for home automation using Deco M4-Solution
2023-01-05 11:44:31 - last edited 2023-08-15 02:45:46

@collectors 

I've had the same issue. I managed to work around it by switching off all my Decos and home router, and setting up a hotspot on my wife's phone with the 5GHz disabled and with the home WiFi name and password. Thereafter I could switch the home WiFi back on the Sonoffs would connect. 

My take, the Deco's don't seem to really switch the 5GHz off and that messes with things. Unless TP Link can provide a more scientific reason.

Now I've installed a SMTONOFF (which is seemingly not sonoff but works with ewelink) for my geyser in the DB and same story with the Deco's. Used my daughter's phone and it paired, howere the switch back wasn't successful for some reason... I'll try wife's phone when she arrives home later...

It's annoying that we have to battle with these things in this day and age. Feels like you're working with software written in the 80's...

Recommended Solution
Options
Re:Ewelink / Sonoff devices not pairing for home automation using Deco M4
2023-01-05 12:14:57

@ScreenName12345  Not sure why??? but all of a suden it has started to pair. The only problem now is it can take upto c10 seconds to react to switch most items on & off.
NOT HAPPY. 

Options