Configuring VOIP Telephony on Deco X73-DSL

2023-01-05 08:36:00 - last edited 2023-01-05 08:51:03
Tags: #VOIP/Telephony
Model: Deco X73-DSL  
Hardware Version:
Firmware Version:

Voice over Internet Protocol (VoIP), also called IP telephony provides you with various features to enable you to make calls via the internet. Many users might not notice there is a special remember in Deco Family that also supports VOIP. With Deco X73-DSL, You can add your telephone numbers, contacts, and telephony devices to the Deco, check incoming/outgoing/forwarding calls, make emergency calls, receive voicemails, block certain calls, and more.

Here in this link, I will try to provide a whole view of the VOIP feature on Deco X73-DSL:

Deco X73-DSL VOIP Specifications

Deco X73-DSL VOIP Set-up Instruction

VOIP configuring examples for Common VOIP Providers in Australia(like TPG/ Exetel/ iinet)

General Troubleshooting Guide:

1. Fail to register the VOIP service

• Confirm with the VOIP provider all your VOIP configuring information, such as Phone number/Authentication ID, username/password, and Registrar address.

*As for the Phone number/Authentication ID, normally they are 6 numbers provided by your ISP, not the VOIP phone number.

If your VOIP service provider is Insysco,  when registering VoIP, Insysco actually uses username/authentication ID to register, instead of using Phone number like in most cases. Therefore, the phone number field needs to be filled in with an authentication ID in order to successfully register for the VOIP service.

*As for the Registrar address, please make sure you have put the whole address, such as sip.act.iinet.net.au(don't miss the last .au)

• Contact us with screenshots of the current VOIP settings.

2. Can’t receive incoming calls while outgoing calls work normally, especially under Exetel, Mate, and Internode services.

Please install the beta firmware here:

Deco X73-DSL 1.0.5 build 20221209 

>>How to update the firmware via web UI

Note:
This firmware is a beta version, be sure you have read the Terms and Conditions for TP-Link Beta Firmware before proceeding!

Please feel free to comment below with details if you are experiencing any VOIP issues on Deco X73-DSL.

Options
5 Reply
Re:Configuring VOIP Telephony on Deco X73-DSL
2023-01-27 11:45:04

@David-TP 

I'm having issues with VOIP registration on my new Deco X73-DSL and I'm hoping you can assist.

The unit is connected to and NBN HFC connection via an NTD and configured in Router mode.  My ISP is Exetel.

I've configured the unit as per the instructions here

How to setup my VoIP function on VoIP Modem Router (new UI) | TP-Link

and the status is offline.

I've switched back to my old modem router and the VOIP service is restored.

I've requested a check of my password with exetel, but i'm fairly confident i have never changed it.  I've also tried the lastest beta firmware without success.  Can you please offer advice on what else i can try?

Options
2023-01-28 02:26:23
Hello, it appears that the switch to voip using IPV6 was causing issues with registering and this is now fixed. Unfortunately i'm now experiencing persistent LAN dropouts which ive learnt is possible due to LAN/WAN autosensing being problematic. https://community.tp-link.com/en/home/forum/topic/273992?page=8
Options
2024-02-12 02:00:49 - last edited 2024-02-12 02:01:30

Hi there,

I've only just discovered these forums so i thought I'd contribute my experience with setting up VOIP with iiNet. 

After days of scratching my head as to why the standard registrar DNS address wasn't working, I remembered seeing an ancient thread on Whirlpool which specified using the actual IP address rather than the DNS address as a last resort .. 

Using the IP address is the only way I could get VOIP to connect using the X73-DSL.. 

Cheers

Adz_P

Options
2 weeks ago

@Adz_P 

Hi Adz_P,

Any chance you can provide some help on how to do this?

I have spent over 5 hours on the phone with TP link and iinet and no one can help.

Thank you 

Options
2 weeks ago

Hi @DBird,

Not sure how much I can assist you here .. 

- Using the standard SIP configuaration .. 

In the DECO app, click the MORE icon at the bottom .. select TELEPHONY, then select TELEPHONE NUMBERS, then select the + icon in the top right, under the TELEPHONY PROVIDER change it to iiTALK (VOIP) .. You'll then need to enter your phone number and the appropriate password [which i think is different to your normal iiNet password from memory, you should have received an email regarding your phone number and the password].. Then under the REGISTRAR ADDRESS it's a matter of selecting the correct state you're living in, you'll then need to select the same options for the SIP PROXY and OUTBOUND PROXY in the advanced section at the bottom of that page. . 

TELEPHONYTELEPHONE NUMBERS+ ICONTELEPHONY PROVIDERSREGISTRARSIP STATE

- If however you need to use the IP numbers I listed above then you'll need to select OTHER as the VOIP provider and then manually enter the information on the following screen.. [I've just hashed the number below as we don't have VOIP now.. iiNet actually stuffed up our migration from FTTN to FTTP and forgot to transfer the phone number across, no great loss in my household].

I had to use this method with our old FTTN settings as the other one just wouldn't work. I don't believe I had anything in the "Authentication ID" field on the screenshots below, but I can't be 100% certain. 

+ ICONSETTINGS1SETTINGS2

I wish you good luck! 

Options

Information

Helpful: 0

Views: 1549

Replies: 5

Tags

VOIP/Telephony
Related Articles