Faulty reset button on 6 months old Deco X73-DSL

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.
2023-01-12 16:04:53
Tags: #Reset
Model: CES2021 Deco Mesh  
Hardware Version: V1
Firmware Version:

Following a firmware update the Deco X73-DSL failed to boot (bricked) and I preformed a factory reset as per instructions found in the support section. Using a sim tool from an iphone the reset button promptly dislodged? and can be heard rattling around inside 🤬 Searched the forum heavily for any solutions before using the live chat function. Wasted 45 minutes with an agent who basically had me going through various methods to reset, firmware recovery etc. which all required a working reset button despite me clearly telling them the reset button was broken. I have emailed customer services to initiate a repair/replacement under warranty but I'm struggling to provide proof of purchase. Can I fix this myself? or is it beyond repair? Also have a X20, various Kasa plugs and bulbs plus Homeshield subscription.                                            

Options
1 Reply
Re:Faulty reset button on 6 months old Deco X73-DSL
2023-01-13 05:38:08

@falcoreeni 

Hi, May I know where did you purchase the Deco X73-DSL, a local store or online retailer?

Any online order related to this purchase will be fine and sometimes, it does not have to be the original receipt.

Thank you very much.

Best regards.

Options