Disappearing 2.4GHz network, while 5GHz keeps working fine on AX1500 router

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.
2023-02-06 21:34:45 - last edited 2023-02-07 07:44:14
Model: Archer AX1500  
Hardware Version: V1
Firmware Version: 1.3.1 Build 20220401

I'm having issues with the 2.4GHz network disappearing randomly while the 5GHz network keeps working fine and at full speed.

It usually happens once every 2-4 days, but I had it occur up to three times in one day.

No devices can connect when it happens - tried on an Apple laptop, 2x Windows laptops, an iPhone, an Android phone, and various smart devices.

They either fail to connect with an error or pop up a password input even though the password is saved on all of them.

I've recorded a short video of the behavior using an Android WiFi analyzer app, but TP-Link's forum won't let me post the link.

I'll try and explain it in writing: basically, the 2.4GHz networks (both the regular and the guest one) show up for ~20 seconds, then disappear for ~10 seconds.

I'm doing the scan with my phone next to the router, and the analyzer app shows it at ~0m.

The things I've tried so far:

- Disabling the 2.4GHz network does nothing; it's still disappearing after re-enabling it

- I'm on the latest firmware if we don't count the withdrawn one from earlier this year which, by the way, I didn't install

- Changed the channels - tried 1, 6, 11, 5, 9, and Auto

- Changed the Transmit Power (all levels)

- Made sure "OneMesh" is disabled - I don't use it, and I understood it might cause similar issues

- Even did a factory restore

The only thing that fixes it (at least temporarily) is restarting the router.

I've had the router for ~2yrs and this only started happening 2 months ago, although I can't pinpoint anything that changed then.

Please tell me if there's anything I'm missing and I should try before throwing it in the trash and switching to another brand.

Options
1 Reply
Re:Disappearing 2.4GHz network, while 5GHz keeps working fine on AX1500 router
2023-02-07 08:38:27

@Edrep 

Hi,

It seems you have done a lot of troubleshooting yourself, and the router has been working fine for almost 2 years, so I guess you'd better contact the local tech support to be advised further and confirm if this needs to be replaced.

This is their contact info.

If my reply helps with the issue, please click on the arrow pointing upward. If it solves your issue, please click the star to mark it as a "Recommended Solution".
Options

Information

Helpful: 0

Views: 391

Replies: 1

Related Articles