AX3000 Slow Initial Connection

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.
2023-02-19 09:42:17
Model: Archer AX3000  
Hardware Version:
Firmware Version:

Hi All,

Recently started using the  AX3000 instead of my ISP Provider router and wondering if anyone had experienced the following?

On a few of my devices, Windows PC/Laptop there seems to be a longer delay in the devices establishing the WiFi connection, with my ISPs router as soon as the device was on I'd have connectivity but with the AX I'm noticing a longer delay, sometimes having to manually hit connect (Everything is auto saved, set to auto connect etc) just curious as to whether there's something I should check in the router settings that could be causing this?

Thanks!

Options
1 Reply
Re:AX3000 Slow Initial Connection
2023-02-20 07:36:34

@rejf 

Hi,

Are these devices all Windows systems? Windows 10 or Windows 11?

Try the suggestions provided on Microsoft community here below:

https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/delayed-wifi-connection-on-startup/d1c20cc2-17a8-4968-8e24-de3b67ceb659

Are they all connecting to the 2.4G or 5G network? How about the distance between the desktop and PC? As reported by some Windows users, the distance between the wireless client devices and the router may also make a difference. You can try to change the 5GHz wireless settings on the router to see if you can get a better signal (if you are connecting to the 5GHz):

How to improve the signal strength of my 5GHz wireless connection

If my reply helps with the issue, please click on the arrow pointing upward. If it solves your issue, please click the star to mark it as a "Recommended Solution".
Options

Information

Helpful: 0

Views: 232

Replies: 1

Related Articles