Using Singapore TP-Link Router in Malaysia

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.
2023-03-09 08:59:51
Model: Archer AX1800  
Hardware Version: V1
Firmware Version:

My son brought back to Malaysia the router he was using while studying in Singapore.
The modem software interface shows 'Myrepublic.'
I was trying to set it up but noticed there was no unifi (local DSL provider) option to choose from.
Searched the Malaysian TP-Link website and also couldn't find the same model (Archer AX-1800). However, I did notice the Archer AX-20 Malaysian model seemed very similar to the Singapore AX-1800 model.
1. Anyone have any ideas if they are indeed the same router?
2. How safe is it to flash the AX-20 firmware onto the Singapore AX-1800 router in the hope that the Malaysian firmware will have the unifi option?

Thanks in advance.

Options
3 Reply
Re:Using Singapore TP-Link Router in Malaysia
2023-03-09 18:34:58

@Qurious 

AX1800 could either AX20, AX21 or AX23.

To be able to determine the correct model, region and HW version, you should look at the device bottom sticker.

Once you've done that, you should select the correct model, region and HW version and then download/upgrade its FW.

If there's still no unifi profile, you can stil contact unifi and ask them for the specific settings on your router WAN interafce.

If this was helpful click once on the arrow pointing upward. If this solves your issue, click once the star to mark it as a "Recommended Solution".
Options
2023-03-12 12:40:26

@terziyski , thanks for the tip.
I'm starting to think that since the router was supplied by the Singapore telco that provided the internet service, it may hv been customized for them. Which is why the router software interface show MyRepublic and not TP-Link. and the model EX221-G2u is not available for firmware upgrades even on the Singapore TP-Link web site.

Oh well, it was worth trying. 

Thanks bro for your assistance.

Options
2023-03-12 17:15:56

@Qurious 

Hi,

Just out of interest and if you don't mind. Could you maybe post screenshots of the setup menus for the Internet connection of your customized Archer AX1800? (including the "Advanced" menu, if there is one)

In case there is any personal user account information visible on those screens, then please remove it with a Paint software.

Options

Information

Helpful: 0

Views: 1135

Replies: 3

Related Articles