Users allowed to be connected on on wifi ssid

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.
2023-04-23 11:12:17
Model: Archer C3200  
Hardware Version: V1
Firmware Version: Firmware Version:0.9.1 0.1 v004b.0 Build 160712 Rel.55313n

Hi, 

I have more than 16 IoT devices and have issues connection them to my 2,4 GHz guest network. When trying to connect device no17 I get network full or cannot connect. Have any experienced the same and have a solution to the problem? 

All my Iot devices only support 2,4 GHz so this is a big limitations perhaps forcing me to replace my router (Archer 3200) which I am happy with. Do not want to connect to the 'normal' 2,4 GHz network as the Iot devices can be controlled through different Vendor apps, example camera and timers. 

Regards Ari 

Options
4 Reply
Re:Users allowed to be connected on on wifi ssid
2023-04-24 11:57:14

@Ari1965 

Hi,

Do they connect to the 2.4G Guest Network before? Were you trying to upgrading the router firmware or making some other changes on the network to bring up this issue?

Try changing a different wireless network name for the 2.4G Guest Network, try disabling the security to see if you can get connected.

If my reply helps with the issue, please click on the arrow pointing upward. If it solves your issue, please click the star to mark it as a "Recommended Solution".
Options
2023-04-24 18:29:41

@Liverpool20 

I have tried with both Smart Connect active and separate SSIDs but when 16 devices are connected to one SSIDs no more are accepted by the router. I have tried with several devices and all can connect when less than 16 devices are connected to the same SSID.... 

It might be a SW design issue with max 16 devices per SSID frequency meaning: 2 SSIDs per frequency * 16 devices x 3  frequencies = max 96 devices (guessing) 

Regards Ari 

Options
2023-04-25 03:39:33

@Ari1965 

I can't believe there is such limitation on a AC2300 grade router. Even most N series can support up to 32 or 64 devices connect simultaneously.

Are you able to connect more than 16 devices to the main 2.5G network? Can you test that?

If my reply helps with the issue, please click on the arrow pointing upward. If it solves your issue, please click the star to mark it as a "Recommended Solution".
Options
2023-04-25 13:49:46

@Liverpool20 

Well, it is a fact that I cannot connect more than 16 users to the 2.4GHz guest network... 

I also verified it with  a dual band device, connected as no 16 to the guest SSID, the IoT device could not connect. I then connected to the 5GHz guest network and then the IoT device connected to the 2GHz but my 5GHz device could not reconnect to the 2, 4 GHz although I tried to force it to connect.... 

I do not have more than 16 non IoT devices and I do not want to reconnect the IoT devices to the normal 2,4 GHz network... 

Perhaps this should be answered by TP- Link? 

Options

Information

Helpful: 0

Views: 328

Replies: 4

Related Articles