Deco x68 Slow Internet

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.

Deco x68 Slow Internet

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.
Deco x68 Slow Internet
Deco x68 Slow Internet
2023-04-26 05:50:46
Tags: #X-68
Model: Deco X68  
Hardware Version:
Firmware Version: 1.04

Hello, 

I have recently TP-Link Deco X-68, 3-node unit. I am trying to expand Wi-Fi range throughout our house (mainly to extend Wi-Fi coverage into the garage), small townhouse.

My NBN/ISP connection is routed through a Asus RT-AC87U. Which I have had no network issues with (except I would like a greater Wi-Fi range).

The Set-up; 

• Node 1: I have PC wired directly to X68(1)
  • Node 2: I have a TV, NAS, BluRay Player and Receiver wired to a small TP-link unmanaged switch, which is wired to X-68(2).
  • Node 1 & 2: wired back to main Asus RTAC87U router.
  • Node 3: No wired devices, WiFi only and using wireless backhaul to node 1.

After setting up the X-68’s, Wi-Fi and internet speeds are slow on LAN and WLAN services. Also, nodes seem to drop out every 30-45mins. It has been worse since the v1.04 update.  I disabled QoS, UPNP feature and SIP ALG feature in Deco App. Still having speed issues and drop outs. 

I have disconnected all X68’s nodes and gone back to using Asus RT-AC87U, everything is now back to normal.

Queries; 

• Do I have too many nodes in too small of a house? I have tried dropping out a Node, still no performance gains. 
  • Why are wired devices also slow? 
  • Any idea what issue I have with the X-68.

TIA

-Zoobz

Options
1 Reply
Re:Deco x68 Slow Internet
2023-04-26 12:06:53 - last edited 2023-04-26 12:07:29

@Zoobz 

Three nodes is not too many. The problem must be somewhere else.

When you run Deco mesh in its default Router mode, you can't wire both Deco Node 1 and Deco Node 2 to  Asus RTAC87U router. This is not supported configuration, doing that will make your Deco mesh unstable.

If you would like to have Deco Nodes wired that way, you must configure Deco mesh run in Access Point mode: How to set up Deco to work in Access Point mode

You can find more info on how to properly wire Deco nodes in the following document: General questions about Ethernet Backhaul feature on your Deco

Options

Information

Helpful: 0

Views: 650

Replies: 1

Tags

X-68
Related Articles