TP Link Deco X68 Slow Speeds Up and Down

2024-02-28 22:52:16
Model: Deco X68  
Hardware Version: V6
Firmware Version: 3.7.7

My Deco throttles my speeds down to approximately 120-150MB down and 9-10MB up.  I've had Cox technician visit my house just now because the speed has been an issue for several weeks.  He tested the directly from the cable modem and it was consistently 550-600MB down and 55-60MB up.  As soon as he connected his test device to the router, it would fluctuate 300MB to 130M down and 30MB to 9MB up before settleing at 140MB down and 9MB up.

I've tried resetting the router multiple times, power cycling, and replacing the network cables.  Nothing seems to fix the problem.  This wasn't an issue a few months ago, but the only thing I can assume is that some new firmware is causing this or the router is no longer functioning as intended.  Please help.

Do I need warranty replacement?

Options
2 Reply
Re:TP Link Deco X68 Slow Speeds Up and Down
2024-02-29 06:03:15

@komnom 

Hi, welcome to the community.

Here are some suggestions for your reference:

1. Please make sure the QOS has been disabled.

2. Replace the Ethernet cable between the ISP modem and the first main Deco X68.

3. Set a different Deco as the main Deco to see whether the issue continued:

How to Set up the Satellite Deco or a new Deco to be the Main Deco

By the way, may I know how long have you had Deco X68?

Wait for your reply and best regards.

Options
Re:TP Link Deco X68 Slow Speeds Up and Down
2024-08-03 05:06:07

@David-TP 

hi, I have the same issue. Been using x68 (2 pack) for around 3 years. The satellite one suddenly reduces speed whilst the main one is working well. Had to restart the satellite one but it only works for a few days and reduces speed again. QoS and parent control are not enabled. 

Options

Information

Helpful: 0

Views: 247

Replies: 2

Related Articles